Chapter 18 - This is just not my day/night

Sorry! Just had to put that...
Looks tempting though.

All along the way, all I could think about was about the kiss. What would I tell Cass? Do I lie to her? But what if Jess isn't as drunk as I think she is remembers all the events took place between us tonight?

That would not be a pleasant story for Cass to listen.

Not being able to find a definite answer to that question, I decided to distract myself with Jacob. I thought about all the pranks we played on our teachers, how we'd always start a food fight every Friday and just how good friends we were. Unfortunately, nothing's the same now.

"Ash..." Jess moaned as she walked a little behind me. I shuddered slightly from A) the cold and B) Jess's kinda sexy moan.

"What?" I questioned, a little too harshly. But meh, she's drunk. She probably wouldn't even notice.

"I-I feel dizzy." Sh spoke as she placed a hand on her forehead, lightly massaging it.

"Jess, do not pass out on me," I said as I grabbed Jess's hand and increased my walking speed. "We're almost there."

I seriously doubt I can carry her upstairs.

We reached the worn out building after what seemed like a millennia. In actual though, I think it was six minutes. I sighed in relief. I needed some time alone to figure some stuff out, like the kissing Jess part.

I practically dragged Jess upstairs. According to her, this was not her house. She yelled how can she live in such a dump and that her house is a giant mansion with a wave pool. When I tried to convince her that this was her home sweet home, she almost punched me. At last, I gave up and explained that this was my house. She agreed after that.

As we reached the front gate of her, sorry my house, I saw a dark figure sitting right outside. I couldn't see the face but it seemed oddly familiar. It was definitely a male figure. Fear that he might be a murderer or worse, a stalker, I walked as slow as I could, and tried holding Jess at the same time. We were going just fine. Although, the drunk one amongst us just had to trip and kiss the floor at that very moment.

The mystery man's face snapped towards us, yet I couldn't get even a glimpse of his face due to the fact that there were absolutely no lights in here. He looked at me for a few seconds and then stood up. He was pretty tall, a little taller than me too. I straightened myself to appear more taller and bold. It's a guy thing.

As he came closer, I recognised him. It just had to be him. Even Hades's visit would've been better than his.

Mr. Smith aka Elliot.

Today's just not my day or night I guess.

"Ashford?" He asked after coming to a stop. He was standing about one feet away from me, which was good cause if he was any closer, I might have seriously punched him. Partly because I hate him and partly because I was exhausted and tensed, thanks to Jess and Jacob.

"Elliot." I spoke, my voice void of any emotion. He does that to me.

"Jessica!" Jess yelled while raising a hand. I had a hard time controlling myself from face palming.

Sh had just the perfect timings.

"Whiney? Why're you so..." He stopped in mid-sentence as he looked at Jess for sometime. Well, I guess it wasn't easy to miss her dazed movements and sluggish words.