Chapter 48 - You As My Wife

The song above is beautiful. I like it.

Here we were again, sitting face to face with Asher beside me, passing looks of disgust to the man in front of us.

"Oh my," Daniel muttered, looking back at Asher. "Someone has forgotten manners."

"Look who's talking," Asher snapped. "A billionaire who supports illegal marriage. Imagine if that got out to, I don't know, the whole damn world."

"For the last time, you imbecile, I do not in any way support it," Daniel said. "But there's isn't any other option-"

"There's always a choice," Asher cut him off.

"No, there's isn't. Not this time-"

"There is! You can just file a divorce or let us do so."

"I can't-"

"And why not?"

"I would explain if you would let me," Daniel answered, his voice going a few decibels up. "But all you do is bicker and cut people off. You demand answers but do not let me speak. I truly hope you're not forgetting who you're talking to."

"Oh, I don't care if you're the CEO or a Disney Princess," Asher replied. "All I care-"

"You better treat me with respect Mr. Miller," Daniel warned, his voice tight. "For you wouldn't want to face the consequences."

"Yeah? That ain't happening. What are the consequences then?"

I silently nudged Asher with my elbow, to remind him he was going too far.

And he ignored me.

"I am your consequence," Daniel answered.

"Oh, so now you're quoting DC movies? Seriously? What the-"

"That's enough, Asher," I interrupted, knowing that their conversation wouldn't be ending anytime soon. "Let's just get on to why he's here today."

Asher opened his mouth to argue, but shut it quickly after receiving an impolite look from me.

Not that their squabble was uninteresting, rather I wanted to get to the reason we all were here today.

"Thank you," Daniel said, flashing me a small smile.

Yeah, I don't care. It wasn't for him, anyway.

"So...I've got all the documents here, clearly stating our marriage. You can proofread them if you wish to do so," Daniel told us, laying out a series of papers on the table. "In case you do not believe me. Though I'd highly doubt you would, for I have been anything but untruthful and rude to you."

Asher snorted and muttered something that sounded like "As if".

Daniel, in return, just clenched his fingers and shot a glare at him.

And I took those documents in my hand to verify them.

Reading through each and every word carefully while those two stared at me, I concluded that Daniel was indeed not lying. There was my signature at the bottom where I clearly agreed to the marriage.

Fuck.

I had really hoped that all this was just another prank. Perhaps a joke by some tv show that pranks people.