Chapter 20 - Not So True Explanations And Desicion Making Time

Jess had something like that on, while going to that cursed cafe.

Caw-Caw!

A crow.

Tick-Tock Tick-Tock

A clock.

Vroom!

A car.

Snap!

A what?

I looked towards the direction of the sound immediately and found Cass glaring at me. She had snapped her fingers right in front of my face. I had been looking around and noticing my surroundings carefully, not wanting to be a part of this awkward silence. A crow outside the glass window, a car on the road outside and the clock on the wall behind me.

I cleared my throat and looked at Asher expectantly, who was sitting beside me. But he didn't notice that as he was lost in his own thoughts. I played with my shirt sleeve for a while before deciding to wake up Asher.

"Ash." I whisper yelled, nudging his arm.

He came out of his trance and looked around until his gaze landed on Cass, after which he just looked down, like he was ashamed of something.

"Ash, you remember everything, don't you?" Cass spoke softly, as she put a hand on Ash's.

He nodded, still not looking up.

What was the matter with him? He said he'd explain everything and now he isn't.

"Why the fuck aren't you telling me anything? Huh?" Cass spoke softly, yet the anger was crystal clear in her fake angelic voice.

She does that to me so many times when she's upset with me. Her voice will sound all sweet and innocent but there is a lot of venom hidden behind it. I don't know why she does that, but it works beautifully. Well, at least on me.

Asher sighed. He glanced at me nervously for a second, then turned to Cass and began uncovering last night's mystery.

- After like one hour cause you guys know all the events which took place last night. Even the detailed part. *wink* -

"And that's pretty much it." Asher ended the Adventures with drunk Jessica which weren't too adventurous.

So basically, I had eaten those spiked brownies and gotten seriously drunk and walked back home with Asher and fortunately did not make a fool of myself in front of anyone. I sighed, relieved that I hadn't done something I'd regret like kissing Asher.

"I didn't get one thing though," Cass said, looking at me curiously, "Why were you so upset and how in the world did you end up in the city?"

I gulped. The moment I had been dreading all along had finally arrived. I had absolutely no problems with telling Cass about the whole Elliot thing, but telling Asher was a complete different thing. Not only he'd be grumpy but would also advise me not to accept Elliot's proposal, which I wasn't too sure of.

Asher looked at me with a understanding look. I had no clue why though.

"Cass, I'll tell you all about it later." I spoke, giving her a look. She opened her mouth to object, but before she could utter a word, I mouthed the word 'later' and gave a quick glance towards Asher. Cass seemed to realise this and nodded.