Chapter 11 - I'm No One's Juliet

After the whole Elliot incident, I couldn't stop staring at those roses. They seemed so special to me. Why did they have to wither and die? If I could, then I'd preserve these flowers for ever and ever.

Did these roses mean something to him? I know he's a player, been one since high school, but could he change his ways for me?

Just like a cliché. The good girl changes the player ways of the playboy.

But of course that wouldn't happen. I just have this stupid habit of daydreaming that there is a Prince Charming for me in this world.

I didn't realise someone was staring at me until whoever that was clicked their fingers right in front my ear.

"And you say he isn't your boyfriend." Hana spoke while raising her eyebrow.

"What're you doing here?" I asked, not wanting to answer that particular question.

"It's break time, Juliet." She said.

"I'm no one's Juliet. And I'll never have a boyfriend." I cleared this for the thousandth time in my life to her. She thinks that someday, I'll find a husband and have kids and she'd be there standing and saying 'I told you'.

"Oh don't worry. You'll find your Romeo soon." She nodded understandingly, ignoring what I just said. I sighed.

"You're impossible." I concluded.

"But you finding a good husband is definitely possible." She answered with a wink.

"I'm just gonna get out of here," I said, raising my hands in surrender.

"Aww, look someone's trying to hide their blushing." She cooed from behind. I just shook my head.

Lunch break wasn't eventful. The other doctors tried to make a small talk with me but I just brushed them off. I wanted to have my lunch, which by the way was a delicious ham sandwich, in peace. I closed my eyes, savouring the flavour in my mouth.

Right when I was enjoying it, my phone beeped, saying that there was a message from an unknown number. I quickly checked it. After all, it wasn't everyday I got messages. I'm not so popular like that.

Hey. Forgot to tell you that you look absolutely gorgeous in that doctor's coat. ;)

What the heck? I looked around to check wether someone was staring at me or something. But everyone were busy in either talking or eating.

So I decided to reply that creepy stalker back.

Who the fuck are you?

The response came almost immediately.

Someone you know.

Someone I know? I know many people, but none of them are at this level of weirdness and creepiness. I replied back.

A little specific please?

I waited for the reply. But it didn't come until like after 5 minutes.

Sorry babe. Gotta go.