Chapter 21 - Mr. perfect Isn't So Perfect After All

Chapter dedicated to NightMafia13 for I guess leaving pleasant comments!

"Hello?" I spoke into my phone.

No reply.

"Hey Elliot. I just wanted to say sorry for acting like a hormonal teenager and not answering your calls." I spoke, biting my lip.

No reply yet again.

"And I just wanted to meet up with you uh, somewhere." I spoke, taking a deep breath.

"Could you call him already?" Cass said, as she shook her head. "You've been pretending to call him from the last ten minutes. Grow up. You ain't a teenager anymore."

"I just...what if he doesn't want to talk to me anymore?" I whined.

"Then fucking forget him! Gods, I'm getting out of here." Cass yelled before storming out the room.

And she says I have temper issues.

"I'll do this. All I have to do is fucki-" I couldn't even complete my cursing because of my phone which began ringing abruptly. Startled, I almost dropped the phone. But thanks to my ninja skills, I caught it before it shattered to a million tiny pieces.

It was Elliot.

Just the man I was thinking of.

I accepted the call and swiped the screen towards the upward direction cause' that's how you accept calls in my phone.

"Jess? Is that you?" Ah, his charming voice. Missed that.

"Uh, yeah. I'm Jess. This is me speaking to you." Who's a fucking blabber mouth? That's right, Jess the idiotic idiot.

"Thank Gods Jess. You alright?" So caring, and here I was thinking he'd be upset with me or some shit. I'm a fool for having such foolish thoughts. Elliot isn't the one to start a fight. He's more like a peace maker, I guess.

"Yep. Yeah, I'm great." I don't know what's wrong with me. I still have a feeling that he might just blast out on me any second.

Cue the awkward silence.

"So, how's life?" Elliot asked after he cleared his throat.

"Life's good." I gave a short and simple reply cause' I honestly didn't know what else to say.

"Let's just get to the point, yeah?" He spoke.

"Yeah." I agreed. Thank Gods he raised that topic.

"So, uh, could we like meet somewhere and sort things out?" He spoke and I could imagine him rubbing the back of his neck as he said this.

"Not a cafe." I pointed out. Anything but a cafe or a crowded place. A place with something known as privacy.

I heard him chuckle at the other end. Such a cute chuckle he had. Wish I could chuckle like that.

"Sure. Meet me at my place?" He asked.

"Sounds great. When?"

"How about seven?"

I looked at the Mickey Mouse clock on the wall behind me and discovered that it was a little below six now.