Chapter 14 - Curse My Stupid Life, Along With Me

Another cover!! And this gorgeous one's by alphagurl24 !! I'd like to thanks her once again!!!!
And this chapter shall be dedicated too FanFictionalFatigue for leaving such amazing comments on the last chapter!!!

"Cass, I need to tell you something." I said, nervously at early morning, the next day. And yes, for once I decided to get up earlier than usual.

"Hmm?" She asked while she toasted breads for breakfast.

"I, uh," I couldn't get myself to say it. I mean, come on, how can you tell your already depressed best friend that the reason for the fight between her and her boyfriend has invited you over a cup of coffee? That makes me the villain I guess.

"Jess? What's the matter?" She asked slowly, turning off the toaster and looking right at me, which believe me, did not help me reduce my nervousness. Why can't she look anywhere else? I'm not that pretty to look at...

With a deep breath, I decided to tell her once and for all.

"So, uh, yesterday when you guys, you know left us in the museum, and we took a cab, Elliot, uh, invited me over a cup of coffee tonight." I spoke the last part quickly, my eyes shut tightly.

I didn't know what to expect from her. Would she be angry? Or upset? Honestly, anything was fine as long as a knife isn't involved.

I heard her sighing and telling me to open my eyes. I took a quick peek to check wether or not she had any sort of object that can possibly send you to the hospital.
Luckily, all she had was her apron, which I guess comes under the category of 'non-lethal weapons'.

"Do you want to go?" Cass asked in a deep voice she has used at me only once, when I had accidentally killed her pet, a fish named Dory. Long story, but it involves fish murdering.

"Uh, yeah, I mean, no, like if you don't-" I stammered, not wanting to face her rage. Yes, I admit that I was the Hulk in this house, but she had her moments too.

"Yes or no?" She asked, this time ever more sterner.

"Yeah, I mean yes." I spoke with a newfound confidence.

"Then I'm happy for you!" She said as she clapped her hands together like a seal. She then came forward and enwrapped me into a hug.

"W-What?" I stammered again.

"Yeah! I mean it's not like I don't give a flying fuck about Ashford, but my best friend here is going on a date! A friking date!" She was acting more like a fangirl now. No offence to them.

"It's not a date. It's just a cup of coffee." I spoke each word slowly.

"Which will eventually lead to you guys dating, then falling in love, then a marriage, oh and how many kids do you plan-" She could have gone for ages, but I had to stop her.

"Hey Cass?" I said, my hand over her mouth, making it impossible for her to speak.

"Mhmm?" She asked, her voice coming out muffled.

"Shut the fuck up." I said.

She showed me a thumbs up in return.