Chapter 39 - Until We Crashed

Why does my mom hate that song? It's so slow and melodious...
I'm in love with it.

Okay, so just imagine if a guy whom you've liked for quite some time likes you back.

Imagined that? Great.

Next, he proposes you to take up the role of his girlfriend in the sweetest way possible on the day of Christmas.

Going good? Yeah, let's see what happens next.

Now, if he says that you're his, and only his best Christmas present in the whole word, would you believe that?

I didn't.

"You are, muffin, that's why I wrote that on the godamned wall. How can you not believe me?"

Oh, and he also made a graffiti saying those very words.

"It was very cute if you to say that, and trust me, I blushed pretty hard at that, but practically, I don't believe that. I'm sure that something like a Mercedes or something as your Christmas present would make you happier."

"Aww come on! I meant that, okay?" He protested.

"Look, I wanna thank you with all my heart, and honestly, my love for you has increased after this but technically-"

"You love me?" Asher asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Uh, no. Why'd you think so...oh, okay. Got it. But, uh, no, like-"

"Walkers loves me! Walkers loves me!" He yelled, dancing around.

"I do not!"

"You hate me then?"

"I do not."

"Then you definitely love me."

"Again, I do not. I merely like you."

"Challenge, eh? Alright then, bitch, I'll prove you today that I'm never wrong," he declared.

I raised an eyebrow.

"By the time both the arms of my wrist watch strike twelve, thou shall have expressed your love to me."

I rolled my eyes. Like that'll ever happen.

"And if you lose, muffin, well, you'll have to answer one of my questions truthfully."

That's a weird condition.

"Why not ask me now? I'll answer you, honestly."

He smirked slightly.

"No, you won't."

This just got me even more curious.

"Alright then, boy, challenge accepted," I declared, placing my hands on my hips.

"Oh, you're so gonna regret this," he muttered with a smile.

And right then, I knew that I should've surrendered, but I didn't thanks to that curiosity within me.

And boy, that curiosity almost killed the cat.