Chapter 15 - Injustice Against The Teachers

Cover by @calipsye!!!
I'm not proud of the book I've written. Honestly.
So if you have any suggestions on how to improve this book, please inform me through pm.
And this chapter is dedicated to @lavenders190

Where was I going?

I hadn't been paying slight bit attention to which direction I was moving towards.

After I realised that I had probably ran miles from that cursed cafe, I came to a stop. Thinking about it now, I felt like a coward. I shouldn't have just ran like that, because not only I made a fool of myself in the cafe and along the way, but also the embarrassment and the guilt Elliot must've had to face after my unexpected departure.

Checking my watch, I found out that it was somewhere around six now. And I didn't know where I was. This was the little more busier part of the city, the part which I visit rarely.

I sighed, silently cursing myself again for making such stupid and hormonal decisions.

After an internal discussion with my conscience about what to do next, I decided to first inform Cass about my whereabouts. I slipped my hand in the first pocket of my handbag, hoping to feel the familiar smoothness of my phone's screen. But I couldn't, in fact it felt empty. I went through all of the contents in my bag right in the middle of the not so busy road, yet I couldn't find that damn thing.

"Oh gods." I lost my phone. I can't believe that my life has turned into such a cliché movie scene right now. A girl lost in an unknown place without a mode of communication.

What should I do now? My mind internally wailed.

Go home, idiot. My conscience replied.

The only way I could think of to reach home was by asking directions from the people walking nearby.

Yeah, guess you could say that I'm a genius.

~ 30 minutes later ~

I walked. And walked. And asked directions. Then waked again. And repeated the whole process again and again.

And by now, I was pretty sure that I was lost. And exhausted. And pretty much hopeless.

The road lights were now on, and the number of people walking on the road had increased. Most of them teenagers I suppose.

What if I never find my way back? My conscience spoke warily.

Shut the fuck up. My mind scolded it.

Not so long after, my feet had given up, similar to me. Walking seemed to be an impossible task at the moment. Sighing, I sat down on the footpath with my hands on my knees. After adjusting my skirt a slight bit, I decided that this was the moment I break down. Like completely break down. It's not like these strangers would care. They'd probably think that my boyfriend cheated on me or something.

Only if they knew.

As the tears were preparing themselves for falling out, I felt a small tap on my left shoulder. Looking towards the source of the tap, to say that I was shocked would be an understatement, I was horrified.

Asher.

"Jessica Walkers?" He asked, examining my features carefully. Currently though, he was on his knees to match with my level of height.