Prologue

A/N: When I first wrote this story, I had it as primarily movie-centric, but then I changed my mind and decided to combine content from the books AND the movies. There will also be subtle references to Twilight and The Hunger Games, so kudos to you guys if you're able to spot the references. I don't own anything except for my OCs, Cassia, Laurel, Jasmine, and Raina.

************
************
************

Third-Person Narrative

For Muggle and wizarding families alike, Halloween was a time for celebration, filled with magic, mischief, and of course, candy. But on this particular Halloween night, people would be celebrating for an entirely different reason; October 31st, 1981 would soon go down in history as a day of triumph, the day a notorious wizard was defeated by a pair of twin babies. At least, that's the story people would come to believe in the days that followed.

Unfortunately, this triumph came at a heavy cost for the twins—the night they defeated the evil wizard was also the night that they lost their parents.

Godric's Hollow had been bustling with trick-or-treaters earlier in the evening, but now the streets were almost empty, save for one singular figure making their way through the village.

The figure wore a long, black cloak, with the hood pulled up, nearly blocking his eyes, to conceal his face. At first glance, his attire might have passed for a very well thought-out Halloween costume. Many of the parents in Godric's Hollow had chosen to dress up along with their children to celebrate the spooky occasion.

But if anyone had been looking closely, they would have noticed that he was walking in a very distinct manner. His gait signified that he was there with a clear purpose. There was intention in every step. He had a job to do here in Godric's Hollow, and he would not rest until it was done.

In their cozy cottage, unaware of the impending danger, James Potter was in the living room with his two children, one boy and one girl. He entertained the two infants by conjuring bubbles with his wand, bubbles in various colors and sizes, watching with amusement at the twins' enthralled reaction at the display of magic. It wasn't the first time they'd seen one of their parents waving a wand, but to a pair of one-year-old minds like theirs, it was nothing short of amazing.

The boy, whom they named Harry James, nearly matched his father in appearance, with the sole difference being the color of his eyes. While James's eyes were hazel, Harry's eyes were a brilliant emerald-green, like Lily's.

His sister, named Cassia Helena, had inherited her mother's facial features, and as with Harry, she also had her mother's emerald-green eyes. Though contrary to the dark red hair that made her mother so distinctly recognizable, Cassia's hair was the same ebony hue as her brother and her father.

James was still in disbelief at how quickly the twins were growing; they'd more or less learned how to fly on their first birthday, when Sirius had gifted them those toy broomsticks. Now they were grabbing at the bubbles, or at least trying to. Harry's little hands were especially quick; James grinned, already imagining Harry wielding the Golden Snitch in his hand, flying high over a crowded Quidditch stadium.

The twins had been born in the very early hours of the morning on July 31st, 1980. James remembered it like it was yesterday.

"Just breathe, Lily. Big breath, big breath. You're doing great. You're almost there," James encouraged, rubbing Lily's shoulder with one hand and holding her hand with his free one.

Lily's breathing came in sharp gasps as she held fast to her husband's hand, beads of sweat dotting her face. Her first-born, a son, had come into the world less than five minutes earlier, and was currently being cleaned up and looked over by the assistant Healers on the other side of the room.