The Chamber of Secrets?

Cassia's POV

McGonagall had Ron, Harry, and I serve our detentions for the car incident tonight. Ron had to polish the silver in the trophy room, Harry had to help Lockhart answer his...ugh...fan mail (Seriously, I don't know why the hell this egomaniac got picked to be our teacher this year!), and Snape had me scrubbing cauldrons and rearranging potion ingredients on the shelves, without magic. But honestly, that wasn't the bad part. The bad part was that I felt like Snape was always glaring so hard at me, even when I wasn't looking. Anyway, after about 3 hours of that, Snape let me go. The corridors were pretty much empty, but that's because everyone was at dinner. As I rounded a corner, a strange hissing sound filled my ears. But it wasn't just hissing -- it was talking, too!

I pressed my ear against the wall so I could figure out where it was coming from. As I edged further down the deserted corridor, I heard the hissing voice getting louder. The only word I could make out was "Kill". It made my blood run cold.

"Sis?" I heard Harry calling me.

I looked straight ahead and saw him walking closer to me.

"Harry, did you hear that?" I asked, withdrawing my ear from the wall.

He nodded. "In Lockhart's office. And then just now."

My hands started shaking as I remembered hearing the voice. "It was just barely a whisper, but the only word I could make out was..." I gulped. "...'kill'."

Harry and I looked at each other, both thinking the same thing -- This is NOT good!

"Harry? Cassia?" Hermione called out, snapping us back to reality. We looked in the direction of her voice and saw that she and Ron had come from around the next corner to meet up with us. Hermione probably came to get Ron after he was done with detention.

"Did you guys hear that?" Harry asked.

"Hear what?" Ron asked, confused.

"That voice," I answered.

"Voice? What voice?" Hermione asked. Did she seriously not hear it?

"I heard it first in Lockhart's office, and then again, just..." Harry stopped. The voice sounded again. "It's moving..." he said, growing as pale as I was now.

"I think it's going to kill," I muttered. We both broke into a run to see where the...whatever was making that sound...was heading.

"Kill?" I heard Ron echo from behind.

"Harry, Cassia, wait! Not so fast!" Hermione exclaimed as she and Ron ran to catch up to us.

We came to a stop at the end of the hall, just as the mysterious voice disappeared. A group of spiders -- I don't know how many, probably at least 90 -- was running out of a crack in one of the stained-glass windows.

"Strange...I've never seen spiders act like that," Harry noted.

"I don't like spiders," Ron said, his voice quivering with fear.

I looked down at the wet floor, and saw what looked like a reflection of something written on the wall in front of us. "What's that?" I asked, pointing.

We looked up and saw the writing on the wall, in bright red letters. And I mean bright red.

"'The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir, beware...'" Hermione read the message.

I wrinkled my nose. "It almost looks like it's been written with blood..."

"Oh, no," Harry muttered, his eyes focused on something else. We followed his gaze to see Filch's cat hanging from one of the wall torches, frozen in a prowling position. Her eyes were wide open.