"He's the reason they're dead."

Cassia's POV

After a few hours of walking around Hogsmeade together, Cedric and I ran into Hermione and Ron near the Shrieking Shack. We all just stood huddled together at the fence separating us from that spooky little cottage.

"It's rumored to be the most haunted building in Britain. Did I mention that?" Hermione asked.

"Twice," Ron answered.

I giggled. "Uh, I think that was more than twice, Ron."

"More like 10 times," Cedric joked.

Hermione blushed, embarrassed. "Do you want to move a bit closer?" she asked.

"Huh?" Ron questioned, looking at her.

I rolled my eyes. "She meant closer to the Shrieking Shack."

"Uh, no. I'm-I'm fine here," Ron replied.

"Of course you are," Cedric sarcastically remarked. Guess I'm rubbing off on him.

"Well, well. Look what we have here," an unpleasant voice said from behind us. I mentally groaned. Malfoy. And he had Crabbe and Goyle with him. "You two shopping for your new dream home?" he asked, "Grand for you, isn't it, Weaselbee? Don't your family sleep in, uh, one room?"

"Shut your mouth, Malfoy," Ron warned.

"Ooh, not very friendly," Malfoy noted. He turned to his goons, "Boys, I think it's time we teach Weaselbee how to respect his superiors."

Hermione sarcastically laughed. "Hope you don't mean yourself," she retorted.

"How dare you talk to me?! You filthy little Mudblood!" Malfoy snapped.

"Don't make me barbeque you," I warned, opening my palm and conjuring a ball of fire in my hand.

Before Malfoy could draw his wand to try and hex me, a snowball hit him. "Who's there?" he called out, clearly a little spooked. Another snowball hit him. Then another. And another. "Don't stand there, do something!" he yelled at his goons.

"What?" Goyle asked. His hat was pulled down, covering his eyes. Crabbe was pantsed, and then knocked off his feet. Something grabbed Goyle's scarf and started dragging him around like a sack of potatoes. Malfoy was suddenly tripped, and an unseen force grabbed his ankles, pulling him in the direction of the Shrieking Shack.

"What's up, Malfoy? Lost your skis?" Ron teased him.

The strange force let go of Malfoy's legs. He jumped to his feet and started running as fast as he could. "Get out of the way!" he yelled, pushing both of his goons to the ground.

"Malfoy, wait! Wait!" Goyle yelled as he and Crabbe ran after him.

We all cracked up laughing. Someone started playing with Ron's hat ties and Hermione's hair. Then I felt my hands being pinned behind my back and a head resting on my shoulder.

"Harry!" Hermione said, playfully rolling her eyes.

My brother yanked our father's Invisibility Cloak off himself. I could see his face starting to turn red from laughter.

"Bloody hell, Harry! That was not funny!" Ron exclaimed, trying to sound mad but failing because he couldn't stop laughing. Before long, we were all cracking up laughing once again.

<><><><><>

"Those weasels! Never said anything about some Marauders' Map," Ron said, as we walked back through Hogsmeade again.