Why They Call It The Whomping Willow

Cassia's POV

A few days later, we hurried through the train station as fast as we could to catch the train. We'd all overslept a little bit, and we'd had to make numerous return trips back to the Burrow because some of Ron's siblings had forgotten a few of their belongings. Since we couldn't Floo to the platform and we couldn't Apparate without getting unwanted attention from Muggles, we had no choice but to take Mr. Weasley's Ford Anglia. Driving, of course. Not flying.

"10:58. Come on, come on!" Mr. Weasley urged us. We were pretty much running to the barrier.

"The train will be leaving any moment!" Mrs. Weasley added.

"Fred, George, Percy, you first!" Mr. Weasley called out.

Percy and the twins raced through the barrier, one at a time. Then Ginny ran right through the barrier, with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley following right behind her so they could help her get settled on the train.

"Let's go," Harry said.

All 3 of us ran full speed at the wall. But instead of going through it, we crashed into it. Our carts all tipped over and our stuff fell all over the place, while Ron, Harry, and I were in a three-person pileup.

"Oi! What d'you three think you're doing?" a Muggle security guard asked, making his way towards us.

"Sorry...l-lost control of the trolley," Harry apologized as we got up.

The guard shook his head and walked away.

"Why can't we get through?" I asked, once he was out of earshot.

"I dunno. The gateway's sealed itself for some reason," Ron replied, tapping the barrier with his palm.

A loud chime echoed throughout the station, turning our attention to the overhead clock. It had just struck eleven. Oh, no!

"The train leaves at exactly 11:00. We've missed it!" I exclaimed.

"Harry, Cassia," Ron said, "If we can't get through, maybe Mum and Dad can't get back."

"Maybe we should go and wait by the car," Harry suggested.

"The car?" Ron repeated, looking at both of us. What the heck is he thinking?

<><><><><>

The next thing I knew, we were driving a flying car to Hogwarts. Ron did the driving, while I sat in between him and Harry.

Harry looked down at the ground below us. "Ron, I should tell you. Most Muggles aren't accustomed to seeing a flying car," he said.

"Uh...right," Ron replied. He pushed a button and we turned invisible, car and all.

"All we've got to worry about now are airplanes," I joked. We all looked at each other and started laughing. For a long time, we couldn't stop.

<><><><><>

After about 3 hours, the car became visible again.

Ron pushed the button again, and we only vanished for about 10 minutes. He pushed it again and we flickered in and out of view momentarily. Then we popped back into view again. "Oh, no! The invisibility booster must be faulty!" he exclaimed.

"Okay, then. Let's go lower. We need to find the train," Harry said.

"Okay..." Ron pulled a lever and we went lower. We were pretty much driving on the train tracks.