A Parselmouth?!

Cassia's POV

Once Harry and I were let out of the hospital wing, we met up with Ron and Hermione in one of the girls' bathrooms. While Hermione was working on the potion, we filled her in on what'd happened last night.

"Again? You mean the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" she asked.

"Of course! Lucius Malfoy must've opened it while he was at school. And now he's taught Draco how to do it," Ron guessed.

Hermione shrugged. "Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure," she said, adding another ingredient to the cauldron.

"Enlighten me- why are we brewing this potion, in broad daylight, in the middle of a girls' lavatory?" Ron asked. "Don't you think we'll get caught?"

Hermione snickered. "No. No one ever comes in here," she answered.

"Why?" Ron asked.

"Moaning Myrtle," Hermione replied.

"Who?" Ron asked, lifting an eyebrow. A ghost appeared right behind him. She had glasses, and her hair was done in pigtails. What shocked me the most was that she was wearing Hogwarts robes.

"Moaning Myrtle," Hermione repeated.

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?" Ron asked.

"I'm Moaning Myrtle!" the ghost-girl snapped, glaring at Ron. She floated up to the top of the sinks and faced us. "I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about ugly, miserable, moping, Moaning Myrtle?" She sniffled and screamed as she flew into one of the cubicles and dove headfirst into the toilet, making a huge splash.

"She's a little sensitive," Hermione mentioned, making me scoff.

"A little?" I echoed.

<><><><><>

Today, there was going to be a dueling club meeting run by (surprise, surprise) Lockhart

Today, there was going to be a dueling club meeting run by (surprise, surprise) Lockhart. We all crowded around a table that had been set up in the Great Hall for dueling. Lockhart got up and started walking across it. "Gather round! Gather round! Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me?" Silence. "Excellent." He whirled around. "In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I myself have done on countless occasions. For full details, see my published works." He threw his cloak at a bunch of girls. "Allow me to introduce my assistant, Professor Snape."

Snape came up onto the table.

"He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration," Lockhart continued, "Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him. Never fear." He met up with Snape in the middle of the table. They brought their wands to their faces and then back to their sides before bowing. Then they adjourned to opposite sides of the table, wands raised.