Our first Quidditch match

Cassia's POV

"Take a bit of toast, mates. Go on," Ron encouraged. Today was mine and Harry's first Quidditch match. To save us time getting ready later, we both had changed into our uniforms before heading down to breakfast. But we were so nervous, we couldn't eat.

"Ron's right, guys. You're gonna need your strength today," Hermione added.

"I'm not hungry," Harry muttered, picking at his food.

"Same," I agreed.

"Good luck today, Potters," a voice said behind him. It was Snape. "Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you...even if it is against Slytherin," he said, before limping away.

"That explains the blood," Harry whispered, once Snape was out of earshot.

"Blood?" Hermione echoed, confused.

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that three-headed dog, but he got himself bitten. That's why he's limping," Harry whispered.

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione asked.

"The day Hagrid and I went to Gringotts, he took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts business, very secret," Harry explained to us.

"So, that means..." I said, realizing something.

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants," Harry cut me off.

The sound of two owls screeching interrupted us. We all looked up to see Hedwig and Ethel flying in our direction, each of them carrying a long, skinny, brown-wrapped object. They were each dropped, one at a time. Harry and I easily caught them.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione asked.

"But I...I never get mail," Harry said, surprised.

"Let's open them," Ron suggested. All four of us tore the wrapping paper off Harry's first, and then mine. My brother and I were in complete disbelief at what we'd been sent.

"Someone sent us broomsticks..." Harry said.

"Those aren't just broomsticks, guys. They're Nimbus 2000s!" Ron exclaimed.

"But who sent them?" I wondered. Hedwig and Ethel hooting seemed to answer my question, because when we looked at the staff table, both owls were sitting right by McGonagall. She sent us a not-so-secretive smile as she stroked their feathers.

<><><><><>

Shortly after breakfast, Oliver took us outside, to an entrance to the Quidditch field that was marked, Team Members Only. Fred and George were already there, accompanied by three girls who looked to be around the same age as either them or Oliver. One girl had dark skin and black hair that she kept in a ponytail. The girl next to her had fair skin and light brown hair that she wore in a half-up half down style. And the last girl had tan skin and dark hair that she had in a ponytail, like the first girl.

"Harry, Cassia, you guys already know Fred and George, the Weasley twins. They're our Beaters. These are our chasers," Oliver said. "Angelina Johnson-" he gestured to the dark-skinned girl "Katie Bell-" he gestured to the girl on the far end, "-and Alicia Spinnet." He gestured to the girl with her hair half up. "Katie, Alicia, and Angelina are our Chasers. Girls, meet our new reserve Chaser, Cassia Potter," Oliver introduced us.

"Hello," I said, waving. The girls waved back.

"Alright, now that we're all acquainted, let's play some Quidditch!" Oliver said. We all went inside the Team Members Only entrance. The door separating us from the field reminded me a little bit of a car garage door. I'd seen plenty of those in my hometown. Some of our neighbors had them.