Killer on the loose

Cassia's POV

Dora and I were staying at the Leaky Cauldron, along with Hermione and the Weasley's, for the last few days before we had to leave for Hogwarts. I'm so excited for third year! Nothing could ruin my good mood! Except...there's a criminal on the loose, by the name of Sirius Black. I don't know what he was locked up for, but I really don't want to find out!

My outfit:

The morning we were due to leave, Cricket and Crookshanks were chasing Scabbers

The morning we were due to leave, Cricket and Crookshanks were chasing Scabbers. Hermione and I caught our pets, only to have to face an angry Ron less than a second later.

"I'm warning you two, keep those bloody beasts of yours away from Scabbers, or I'll turn them into tea cozies," Ron snapped at us.

"They're cats, Ronald. What do you expect?" Hermione retorted.

"It's in their nature," I added.

"Cats? Is that what they told you? Yours looks more like a pig with hair, if you ask me, Hermione," Ron shot back, glaring at Crookshanks.

"Oh, that's rich, coming from the owner of that smelly old shoebrush," Hermione retaliated, sending a glare right back at Scabbers. I speak for both of us when I say I really hate that rat. "That's right, Crookshanks. You just ignore the mean little boy," she purred.

"Harry!" Ron suddenly exclaimed, looking up at something.

Hermione and I turned around and exclaimed, "Harry!" in unison.

Harry raced down the stairs he was on and gave us all hugs (and giving cricket a little pat on the head, of course). We took him to one of the tables in the dining area, and Ron showed us a clipping from the Daily Prophet, with his family on the cover.

"Egypt? What's it like?" Harry asked eagerly.

"Brilliant. It's got loads of old stuff, like mummies, tombs. Even Scabbers enjoyed himself," Ron replied.

"You know, the Egyptians used to worship cats," Hermione pointed out.

"Yeah, along with the dung beetle," Ron retorted.

I leaned closer to Harry and whispered in his ear, "Ron's mad at Hermione and I because our cats were chasing Scabbers again."

"Oh," Harry whispered back.

Fred and George walked by us, glancing at the paper. "Not flashing that clipping about again, are you, Ron?" George asked.

"No. I haven't shown anyone," Ron fibbed.

Fred rolled his eyes at that. "No, not a soul. Unless you count Tom," he sarcastically said.

"The day maid," George chimed in.

"The night maid."

"Cook."

"The bloke who fixed the toilets."