Christmas at Hogwarts

Cassia's POV

Weeks had gone by since the troll incident, and now Christmas break had just started. Almost everyone was going home for the holidays. Ron, Harry, and I were some of the few people who weren't. There was no way Harry was going back to our aunt and uncle, and Ron's parents were in Romania visiting his older brother Charlie. So I figured I might as well stay with them- they could use the extra company.

I sat in the Great Hall, next to Harry. He and Ron were playing wizard's chess, and I was eagerly watching them. Every so often, I'd give Harry hints on where to move.

"Knight to E5," Harry said, his eyes on the chess board. His piece moved two spots upward, and one spot to the right.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Hermione coming towards us, with her stuff packed.

"Queen to E5," Ron said, also not taking his eyes off the chess board. One of his pieces moved to where Harry's knight was, and literally knocked it off the board.

"That's totally barbaric," Hermione remarked.

"That's wizard's chess," Ron retorted. He glanced at her suitcase. "I see you've packed."

"See you haven't," Hermione countered.

"Change of plans. My parents decided to go to Romania, to visit my brother Charlie. He's studying dragons there," Ron explained nonchalantly.

"Good. You and Cassia can help Harry, then. He's going to look in the library for information on Nicholas Flamel," Hermione replied.

"We've looked a hundred times!" Ron protested.

"He's right, Hermione. It's like finding a needle in a haystack," I added.

Hermione leaned towards us. "Not in the Restricted Section," she corrected. She straightened up once again. "Happy Christmas." Then she left, dragging her suitcase with her.

Harry's POV

When Christmas morning finally came, I was woken up considerably early by Ron shouting, "Harry, Cassia, wake up! C'mon, guys, wake up!"

I jumped out of bed and raced to the top of the staircase. Ron looked up at me from where he stood in the common room, holding a bag of Every Flavor beans in his hand. "Happy Christmas, Harry," he said.

"Happy Christmas, Ron," I said back. I noticed he had on a dark purple jumper with an 'R' on the front. "What are you wearing?"

Ron glanced at his jumper. "Oh, Mum made it," he replied. He then snuck a peek at the neatly-wrapped presents piled under the tree. "Looks like you and Cass have got one, too!"

"I...I've got presents?" I questioned, unable to believe it.

"Yeah," Ron said, "Now go wake Cass!"

Unable to wipe the smile off my face, I rushed to Cassia's dorm and knocked on the door.

Cassia's POV