Hogwarts on lockdown

Cassia's POV

Today was the first Hogsmeade weekend, and I was so excited. I was going to spend half the day with Ron and Hermione, and then Cedric and I would hang out afterward. Sadly, Uncle Vernon hadn't signed Harry's permission form, so now he was dragging me to McGonagall to see if she could sign it.

"Harry, she's a teacher. It won't work," I told him as we raced into the courtyard.

"It doesn't hurt to try," he insisted.

"Now, remember, these visits to Hogsmeade village are a privilege. Should your behavior reflect poorly on the school, that privilege shall not be extended again," McGonagall reminded us. We walked up to her, and she accepted my form, but she wouldn't take Harry's. "No permission forms signed, no visiting the village. That's the rule, Mr. Potter," she had said.

Harry frowned.

"All those with permission, follow me. Those without, stay put," Filch called out, taking the permission slips under one arm and beckoning us to follow him with his free hand.

"But, Professor, I thought if you signed it, then I could go," Harry persisted.

"I can't. Only a parent or a guardian can sign. Since I am neither, it would be inappropriate," McGonagall told us. She turned to go, but then faced us one last time. "I'm sorry, Mr. Potter. That's my final word."

"Forget it, guys. See you later," Harry said to Hermione and Ron. They looked back at us and sent him a sorry look.

"Come on," Hermione said, urging me to go with her and Ron.

Now I was kind of torn. I wanted to go, but I didn't want to leave Harry behind. And then I thought, Oh, it's fine. Missing one trip won't hurt. There's always next weekend. "Guys, I think I'm going to sit this one out," I called out to Ron and Hermione.

They looked confused at first, but then a look of understanding appeared on both of their faces, and they set off after Filch.

I had to really search the crowd to find Cedric. Hopefully, he'd understand me breaking our hangout date. Soon enough, I found him. I ran up to Cedric and whispered, "Do you mind if I stay with Harry? Uncle Vernon didn't sign his form."

Cedric immediately nodded."It's alright, Cass. I'll see you later. How 'bout you and I hang out later on?" he offered.

I nodded eagerly. "Thanks, Ceddy!" I kissed his cheek, making his cheeks turn bright red. Although, I could feel myself blushing as well. Okay, I'm starting to have a crush on Cedric. I shook it off and then rushed off to find Harry.

Harry was surprised when he saw me coming over to him. "You're not going?" he asked.

I shook my head. "I'm staying with you. Ron, Hermione, and Cedric understood."

"But you've been looking forward to this all week," he objected.

"Nothing is more important to me than my family. And you, my dear twin, are no exception," I said. I booped him on the nose, earning a chuckle from him.

We went for a walk around the school, but Harry stopped me when he caught sight of Professor Lupin on the bridge outside. He practically pulled me to him. "Professor, can I ask you something?" he asked.

Lupin seemed to immediately know what he was about to ask."You want to know why I stopped you facing that Boggarts, yes? I would have thought it would be obvious. I assumed it would take the shape of Lord Voldemort," he replied.

"I did think of Voldemort...at first. But then, I remembered that night on the train...and the Dementor," Harry explained.

"Well, I am very impressed. That suggests what you fear the most is fear itself. That is very wise," Lupin remarked.