Time Turner

Cassia's POV

"Harry, Cassia," I heard Hermione calling mine and my brother's name. Using all the strength I could muster, I opened my eyes. We were in the hospital wing. The pain in my head was long gone. My hair was a mess right now -- the braid was barely held together -- but that was the least of my problems at the moment.

"I saw our dad," Harry said. I glanced at him to see he was in the bed next to mine.

All at once, the memories of last night came flooding back into my mind. "And mum," I added.

"What?!" Hermione exclaimed.

"They scared the Dementors away," Harry said. I nodded in agreement and handed him his glasses.

Hermione seemed shocked, but she shook her head. "Listen, they've captured Sirius. Any moment, the Dementors are going to perform the Kiss."

I gasped, sitting up in a flash.

"You mean they're gonna kill him?" Harry asked, also sitting up.

"No, it's worse. Much worse," Hermione informed us, "They're going to suck out his soul."

Dumbledore came into the hospital wing just after she'd said this.

I rushed over to him. "Headmaster, you've got to stop them!"

"They've got the wrong man!" Hermione added, standing right next to me.

Harry gave a quick nod in agreement. "It's true, sir. Sirius is innocent."

"It was Scabbers who did it," Ron piped up.

Dumbledore gave Ron a confused look. "Scabbers?" he echoed.

Ron nodded. "He's my rat, sir. Well, he was a rat. He was my brother Percy's rat."

I shook my head and turned back to Dumbledore. "The point is, we know the truth. Please believe us."

"I do, Miss Potter. But I'm sorry to say the word of four thirteen-year-old wizards will convince few others," Dumbledore replied. He crossed over to Ron and patted his leg, causing Ron to whimper. "A child's voice, however honest and true, is meaningless to those who have forgotten to listen." He paused before walking closer towards the door. "Mysterious thing, time. Powerful, and when meddled with, dangerous. Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the Dark tower." Dumbledore turned to us. "You know the laws, Miss Granger. You must not be seen. And you would do well, I feel, to return before this last chime. If not, the consequences are too ghastly to discuss. If you succeed tonight, more than one innocent life may be spared. Three turns should do it." He turned to leave, but stopped again. "Oh, by the way, when in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin." With that, he left, closing and locking the door behind him.

"What the bloody hell was that all about?" Ron asked.

"Sorry, Ron, but seems as if you can't walk," Hermione apologized. She pulled out a necklace with a long chain and wrapped it around herself, Harry, and I. Harry reached up to touch the pendant, but his hand was slapped.

Everything quickly became a blur. It felt like the room was spinning rapidly. When it finally stopped, Ron was missing. It was like we had never been brought in here.

"What happened? Where's Ron?" Harry asked, looking around.

"It's seven-thirty. Where were we at seven-thirty?" Hermione asked.

"I dunno. Going to Hagrid's," Harry suggested.

"Come on! And we can't be seen!" Hermione urged, grabbing our hands and pulling us out of the hospital wing.