We find out what the first task is

Harry's POV

After classes, Neville and I were hanging out by the Black Lake. Cassia wasn't with me. She'd told me that she had some "unfinished business" to attend to before dinner. I guessed it was probably either some homework that she had to correct some errors on, or she was already thinking up ways to get back at Rita Skeeter for writing those lies about us.

Neville was up to his knees in the water. "Amazing..." he said as he examined something that looked like seaweed. "Amazing!"

"Neville, you're doing it again," I pointed out.

"Oh, right. Sorry," he apologized.

I looked down at the book in my lap. Magical Water Plants of the Highland Lochs. Professor Moody had given it to Neville the day he asked him to come into his office for tea, Cassia had told me.

"Nice book, huh?" Neville remarked.

"Er...yeah," I agreed.

We were interrupted by Ron, Hermione, and Seamus coming down to meet us.

Neville gave a friendly "Hello", but I didn't. I was still angry at Ron for the things he'd said to me the night that my name came out of the Goblet of Fire.

"We've already been through enough people. Why don't you just go and do it yourself?" Hermione whisper-snapped at Ron. "Ugh, what do you want me to say again?"

Ron whispered something to her.

She came up to me. "Ronald would like me to tell you, that Seamus told him, that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid and Cassia are looking for you," she informed me.

"Is that right? Well..." I stopped, confused. I had no idea what she'd just said. "What?"

"Uh..." Hermione went back over to Ron, and they whispered back and forth a bit before she spoke to me again. "Dean was told by Parvati that-" She sighed, getting a little flustered. "Please don't ask me to say it again. Hagrid and Cassia are looking for you." With that said, she started to walk away.

I threw a piercing glare at my now ex-best friend. "Well, you can tell Ron-"

Hermione whirled around, facing me again. "I'm not an owl!" she yelled.

As I watched the three of them leave, I realized she was right. Ron and I were basically using her as a mediator just now, and that wasn't fair to her.

Cassia's POV

It was just a little bit after sundown when Harry met up with me at Hagrid's hut.

"Did yeh bring yer father's cloak, like I asked you?" Hagrid asked him.

Harry nodded. "Yes." He held up the cloak.

"Then come with me, both o' yeh," Hagrid said. We followed him into the Forbidden Forest.

"What exactly are we doing here anyway?" Harry asked.

"Yeh'll see," Hagrid answered without making eye contact with us. As we walked, I took in his appearance. He was more...well-groomed than usual. A flower was pinned to his coat, and his normally-bushy hair was tamed.

"What's with the flower?" I asked.

"Hagrid, have you combed your hair?!" Harry exclaimed, just as surprised at Hagrid's appearance as I was.

"Matter o' fact, I have," Hagrid replied. He glanced down at my brother. "Yeh might like ter try the same thing now and again."

We soon heard a heavily-accented French voice call out, "Hagrid?" It was Madame Maxime, the Headmistress of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic.

Hagrid looked at the two of us. "Oh, the cloak. Put the cloak on." Although initially perplexed as to why he was having us put the Invisibility Cloak on, we complied. We followed Hagrid as he trekked further into the forest, before running into Madame Maxime. "Bonsoir, Olympe," he greeted.

"Oh, Hagrid. I thought you weren't coming," she breathed. "I thought, perhaps, you had...forgotten me."

"Couldn't forget you, Olympe," Hagrid assured her. I snickered when I heard Harry silently gag next to me. I wasn't grossed out, I just found it weird to see this side of Hagrid. Neither one of us thought him to be a romantic.

Madame Maxime's facial expression was a mix between confusion and curiosity. "Vat is it that you wanted to show me? When ve spoke earlier, you sounded so exhilarated."

"Yeh'll be glad yeh came. Trust me," Hagrid told her.

A loud roar coming from somewhere nearby made both Harry and I jump. I watched as Hagrid pulled back one of the bushes.

"Ah, c'est magnifique!" Madame Maxime exclaimed, her face illuminated momentarily by the immense amount of light coming from the other side of the bush. "Could we get closer?" she asked.

Keeping a firm hold on each other's hands, Harry and I edged closer to the bush so we could see what was going on. But the sight before us proved to be quite the shock. Four fully grown, enormous, vicious-looking dragons were rearing onto their hind legs inside an enclosure fenced with thick planks of wood, roaring and snorting -- torrents of fire were shooting into the dark sky from their open, fanged mouths, fifty feet above the ground on their outstretched necks. There was a silvery-blue one with long, pointed horns, snapping and snarling at the wizards on the ground; a smooth-scaled green one, which was writhing and stamping with all its might; a red one with an odd fringe of fine gold spikes around its face, which was shooting mushroom-shaped fire clouds into the air; and a gigantic black one, more lizard-like than the others, which was nearest to us. People were running about, trying to dodge the flames while also trying to prevent the dragons from breaking out of their cages.

I ripped the cloak off of us, not caring if Madame Maxine knew we were here. "Fighting dragons?! Like, full-grown, adult dragons?! That's the first task?!" I exclaimed. Out of all the things I worried my brother and my boyfriend would have to face, it HAD to be a creature as tall as Gringotts and with more firepower in their breath than if there were ten of me.

"You're joking!" Harry added.

"Come on, you two. They're seriously misunderstood creatures," Hagrid admonished us. The spiked dragon then spat fire in our direction, making us all duck behind the bush. "Although, I have to admit, that Horntail is a right nasty piece o' work. Poor Ron nearly fainted just seein' 'em."

"Ron was here?" Harry questioned.

Hagrid looked at him like he had two heads. "Well sure. His brother Charlie had to bring 'em over from Romania. Didn't Ron tell yeh that?"

"No, he didn't," Harry replied, shaking his head. "He didn't tell me anything."

"We haven't spoken to each other since champion selection," I jumped in. I hadn't known much about the first task, only that the champions weren't allowed to use anything besides their wands. Now, seeing these dragons and knowing that, in less than a week, my brother and my boyfriend are each going to have to fight one...I could feel my stress levels rising. I had to come up with a good strategy. Their lives basically depend on it.