Off to Hogwarts!

Cassia's POV (outfit in chapter pic)

This is it, I thought as I pulled myself out of bed this morning. Today was the day I'd be leaving for school. And I was all nerves. Which house will I be sorted in? Will I be in the same one as Harry? 

I got dressed quickly and started to get everything together. Dora was loaning me her trunk she'd used when she was at Hogwarts, but she used a spell to change the initials on it from N.T to C.H.P last night. I folded my clothes -- including my school uniform -- as neatly as I could on my bed, and then put Ivy and Ethel in their carriers.

"Ready for first year, Cass?" Dora asked as she came into my room, lugging the trunk behind her.

"You do realize you could've levitated it up here," I pointed out. "I'm just saying."

Dora chuckled. "Guess I should've remembered that..." She helped me put my clothes into the trunk, and she magically locked it with her wand. Then we moved on to my school supplies. My wand remained in its box so that it wouldn't sustain any damage when we packed it with my books. We packed those in a smaller trunk Andromeda had bought for me in Diagon Alley for that very reason. Then we quickly double-checked the room to see if we'd missed anything. Seeing that we hadn't, we figured, Let's get going.

"Ready, Cassia?" Dora asked.

I nodded. "Yep." We joined hands, and I felt the unpleasant sensation of being squeezed into a tube as the bedroom started to spin. Faster than you could say "Butterbeer", we were at King's Cross Station. Luckily, no Muggles had seen us appear. They were too busy trying to catch their own trains or they'd just arrived and were trying to navigate their way out of the station.

Dora and I walked through the station, until we came up to a brick column with the numbers 9 and 10 on either side.

"Well, Cass, this is our stop," Dora said, patting my back. "Now, remember what I told you about going through the barrier: don't think 'I'm gonna run into the wall'. If you don't think about running into the wall, it'll ease the worry that you will."

"Got it," I replied, nodding my head.

"Alright, let's do this," she said, gently grabbing my arm. Together, we ran straight at the wall, reappearing on the other side of the barrier, where the Hogwarts Express was waiting. 

Harry's POV

I pushed my trolley through the station, wondering where Platform Nine and Three Quarters could possibly be. I saw a steward and anxiously approached him. "Excuse me, sir, can you tell me where I might find Platform Nine and Three-Quarters?"

"Nine and Three Quarters? Think you're being funny, do you?" the steward questioned, before walking away from me. I heard him mutter, "Nine and Three-Quarters..." Clearly he thought I was crazy.

I was about ready to give up, but then I heard a voice behind me talking. "It's the same every year. Packed with Muggles, of course," they said. "Come on!"

I swung round. The speaker was a plump woman who was talking to four boys, all with flaming red hair. Each of them was pushing a trunk like mine in front of him -- and they had an owl.

"Muggles?" I muttered to myself.

"Platform 9 3/4 this way!" the plump woman called to her children. A little redheaded girl trotted alongside her. The family came to a stop in front of a particular barrier with the numbers nine and ten on either side of it.

"Alright, Percy, you first," the plump woman encouraged.

What looked like the oldest boy marched toward platforms nine and ten. I watched, careful not to blink in case I missed it -- but just as the boy reached the dividing barrier between the two platforms, a large crowd of tourists came swarming in front of him and by the time the last backpack had cleared away, the boy had vanished.