Operation: Save the Stone!

Cassia's POV

We had a plan. Tonight, once everyone was asleep, we were going to sneak up to the third floor and stop Snape from getting the Sorcerer's Stone. And this time, we weren't forgetting the Invisibility Cloak. To save us time, we'd changed into "street clothes" after dinner, when we got back to our dorms (Hermione's suggestion) and pretended to go to sleep while we waited for our roommates to retire to bed as well. It felt like forever to wait, but we stuck it out.

My outfit:

I sat up, pulling back the covers, and looked over at Hermione

I sat up, pulling back the covers, and looked over at Hermione. "It's go time," I whispered. Hermione nodded in agreement.

We slipped out of our dorm as quietly as we could. Lucky for us, our roommates were heavy sleepers. already waiting for us down in the common room. Ron would've made a comment about girls taking too long if I hadn't sent him a death glare. As we came down the stairs, we heard a toad croaking. I inwardly groaned.

"Trevor," Harry muttered. I spotted Trevor on the arm of a chair, which was facing away from us.

"Trevor, shh! Go! You shouldn't be here!" Ron whisper-yelled.

"Neither should you," Neville added, poking his head out from behind the chair. He'd been sitting here this whole time. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he was waiting for us to come down. "You're sneaking out again, aren't you?" he pressed.

"No, Neville. Listen. we-" Harry started to protest.

"No! I won't let you! You'll get Gryffindor into trouble again," Neville cut him off. He got into a fighting stance, looking a little anxious. "I-I-I'll fight you," he stammered.

Hermione got out her wand. "Neville, I'm really, really sorry about this," she apologized. "Petrificus Totalus!" She flicked the tip of her wand at Neville. His arms snapped to his sides and he fell flat on his back, stiff as a board.

"You're a little scary sometimes. You know that? Brilliant...but scary," Ron commented. Clearly he was now intimidated by Hermione. And he should be.

We carefully stepped around Neville's still body, whispering apologies to him as we headed for the portrait hole. Once we were out of the common room, we all got under the Invisibility Cloak and headed for the third floor.

<><><><><>

"Ow, you stood on my foot!" Hermione whisper-yelled at Ron as we walked.

"Sorry," Ron muttered. Not long after he'd said this, we reached the third-floor corridor.

Hermione pointed her wand at the door standing between us and Fluffy. "Alohomora," she whispered.

The door opened, and I expected to hear Fluffy growling. But I didn't. Instead, I heard the sound of a harp playing itself and low grumbles coming from each of Fluffy's three heads. But their eyes were closed.