The Grim

Cassia's POV

Buckbeak's execution was this evening. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I had decided to go see Hagrid because we wanted to be there for him.

As we walked through the courtyard, we saw the executioner sharpening his axe. He stopped for a moment and looked up at us, flashing an evil grin. I shook it off and we left him there to continue sharpening the blade that would end Buckbeak's life in a matter of minutes.

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak. It's just too horrible," Hermione said as we walked across the bridge.

I shook my head. "Malfoy just had to go and insult him and then go crying to his daddy. This is all his fault."

"Just got worse," Ron spoke, making the rest of us come to a stop. There was Malfoy and his two goons, watching Buckbeak from behind a huge stone, just mere feet away from us.

"Speak of the devil..." I muttered.

Malfoy looked up to see us approaching. "Ah, come to see the show?" he taunted us.

That was the last straw for any of us. Malfoy had insulted us a lot, but causing an innocent creature to be sentenced to death because of his stupid mistakes was crossing the line. Hermione was going to march over to him and give him a piece of her mind, but I beat her to it.

"This is all your fault, you slimy, ferret-faced jerk!" I yelled, slapping him across the face as hard as I possibly could.

"The thing scratched me, in case you forgot!" Malfoy argued.

I yanked him to his feet and forced him up against the stone behind him, clamping my hands around his wrists. "Hagrid warned us not to insult a Hippogriff, and you went ahead and did it anyway! Didn't your mother ever tell you not to poke a grizzly bear with a stick?!" I snapped, getting all up in his face. I took his wrists in one hand, using my other hand to point my wand at him.

"You're nothing but a foul, loathsome, evil little COCKROACH!" Hermione added, coming to stand next to me. She also had her wand pointed at Malfoy. "Mark my words, you will pay for this."

Before either of us could cause any real damage, Ron spoke up, "Guys, let him go. He's not worth it."

I exchanged glances with Hermione, and then we both looked at Malfoy. His eyes were closed and he was whimpering. He looked genuinely frightened. We slowly lowered our wands, keeping eye contact with him. The second we turned around, however, Malfoy started laughing. What happened next completely took me by surprise. Hermione whirled around and punched Malfoy right in the face, making him fall to his knees. She definitely broke his nose- I heard a crack when her fist made contact with it. Ha! Serves him right!

"Malfoy, you okay?" Crabbe asked. He and Goyle both had to help Malfoy to his feet.

"Let's go!" Goyle said. He, Crabbe, and Malfoy started to retreat away from us. As an extra little bit of payback, I threw a fireball at their butts. They screamed bloody murder and ran so fast that they were all-out sprinting back to the castle. I smirked in satisfaction and blew on my fingernails.

"That felt good," Hermione remarked.

"Not good. Brilliant," Ron corrected her.

I shrugged. "What can I say? He had that coming."

We quickly made our way down to Hagrid's hut, and were welcomed in immediately.
"Oh, look at him. Loves the smell o' the trees when the wind blows through 'em," Hagrid said, staring at Buckbeak, who was sitting in the pumpkin patch outside the window. I felt so bad for both of them.