Nearly eaten by a 3-headed dog

Cassia's POV

"I'm telling you, it's spooky. She knows more about you than you do," Ron commented as we walked up the stairs after dinner, heading back to Gryffindor Tower.

I heard a noise and looked behind me to see one of the railings start to disappear. Oh, no! I'd heard Hermione talk about the staircases frequently changing!

"Well, who doesn't?" Harry replied. The staircase began to move, startling us, and we clung to the railings.

"What's happening?" Ron asked, bewildered.

"The staircases change, remember?" Hermione reminded him. The staircase stopped once it reconnected in another spot.

"Let's go this way," Harry said.

"Before the staircase moves again," Ron added, scared for his life.

We came into a spooky looking room I'd never seen before. Somehow I got a bad feeling about this.

"Does anybody feel like we shouldn't be here?" Ron asked.

"We're not supposed to be here," Hermione said, matter-of-factly. "This is the third floor. It's forbidden!"

"Let's go," Harry said.

The torch next to us was suddenly lit, and we heard a meow. It was Mrs. Norris, Filch's dirty old cat.

"It's Filch's cat!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Run!" Harry said.

We bolted down the corridor. The torches on the wall lit up every time we passed one.

I looked ahead of us and saw that we were coming closer and closer to another door. "Let's hide in there!" I suggested.

Once we reached the door, Harry pulled on the knob as hard as he could. "It's locked!" he complained.

"That's it. We're done for," Ron moaned.

"Oh, move over!" Hermione snapped. She pushed him out of the way. "Alohomora!" waving her wand. The door instantly unlocked, and we rushed inside, slamming it shut behind us. We heard Filch enter the corridor and Peeves whooshing in. Great. Just great.

"There are students out of bed. Which way did they go, Peeves?" Filch said, "Quick, tell me!"

"Say 'please'," Peeves replied coyly.

"Don't mess with me, Peeves," Filch snapped, "Now where did they go?"

"Shan't say nothing if you don't say please," Peeves said in his annoying sing-song voice.

Filch sighed. "Fine. Please."

"NOTHING! Ha haaa! Told you I wouldn't say nothing if you didn't say please! Ha ha! Haaaaaa!" And we heard the sound of Peeves whooshing away, followed by Filch cursing in rage.

"Filch's gone," Hermione reported after an agonizing 30 seconds of waiting for the caretaker to leave.

"Maybe he thinks this door's locked," Ron suggested.

"It was locked," Hermione corrected him.

"And for good reason," Harry added. He was staring ahead of us, frozen in his tracks.
I followed his gaze and froze where I stood. Standing before us was a massive 3-headed dog. And it was growling at us. We all screamed at the top of our lungs and ran out of the room as fast as our legs would carry us. We pushed the door closed with all our might, locked it, and then high-tailed it out of the 3rd-floor corridor.