Our next lead

Cassia's POV

After dinner, we walked out of the hall and set the cakes down. Then we hid behind a statue.

Ron took out his wand and cleared his throat, but before he could even utter a syllable, Harry and I both put a hand up to stop him. Two wand malfunctions was enough. We did not need a third one.

"Uh...Ron, m-maybe I should do it," Harry suggested.

"Okay," Ron agreed, stepping back.

Harry did the swish-and-flick wrist movement we'd learned last year in Charms and muttered, "Wingardium Leviosa." The cakes floated in midair.

Crabbe and Goyle, who had an armful of sweets each, took the cakes and bit into them. I rolled my eyes. Those two were such pigs- I didn't know who was worse, them or Ron. 10 seconds later, we heard a loud thud. Harry, Ron, and I looked over at Malfoy's two goons and saw they were out cold.

"How thick could you get?" Ron asked.

"Come on. Let's get 'em," Harry urged us. We dragged their bodies into a broomstick cupboard and pulled out their hairs. Then we made a break for Myrtle's bathroom.

Hermione looked up from the cauldron once she saw us. "Did you get the hairs?" she asked. In response, we held out the hairs.

"What are those?" Ron asked, pointing to a pile of robes right by our feet. The Invisibility Cloak lay very neatly folded on top of it all.

"Slytherin robes. I had to sneak them from the laundry," Hermione explained.

"Are we going to drink that?" Harry asked, pointing to the cauldron. The potion looked disgusting, to say the least.

Hermione nodded. "We'll have exactly an hour before we change back into ourselves." She ladled it out into three glasses. "Add the hairs," she instructed the boys. They complied.

Ron was trying so hard not to gag. "Eugh...essence of Crabbe."

"Cheers," Hermione sarcastically said.

The three of them clinked glasses and drank only one sip each. And apparently, that was all it took.

"I think I'm gonna be sick," Ron muttered. He dropped his glass and ran into a cubicle.

"Me, too," Hermione followed suit.

Harry dropped his glass and clung to the sink. He started to metamorphose into Goyle. In a matter of seconds, he was completely transformed.

A cubicle door opened and out came Ron. His eyes went wide when he saw Harry. "Harry?"

"Ron," Harry breathed.

"Bloody hell," Ron muttered.

"You still sound like yourselves. Ron, you need to sound more like Crabbe," I told him.

"Uh...bloody hell," Ron said in a deeper voice.

"Much better," I remarked.

"Where's Hermione?" Harry asked.

"I...I don't think I'm going. You go on without me," Hermione stuttered.
We looked over at the cubicles to see one of them was still occupied.

"Hermione, are you okay?" Harry asked.

"Just go. You're wasting time," Hermione urged.

She didn't have to tell us twice. I threw on the Invisibility Cloak and followed my brother and Ron out of the bathroom.

"I think the Slytherin common room's this way," Harry guessed, leading us down a random corridor. We wound up getting lost very quickly.

"Excuse me," someone called out from behind us. I turned to see it was Percy.