Harry and I meet our godfather

Cassia's POV

Hermione stood in front of Harry and I, protecting us. "If you want to kill Harry and Cassia, you'll have to kill us, too!" she threatened.

"No," Sirius refused, "Only one will die tonight."

"Then it'll be you!" Harry yelled. He and I tackled Sirius to the ground. I took his hands and pinned them above his head with my legs, while also using one arm to keep them pinned down. My wand was in my other hand and I had it pointing at his temple. Harry, on the other hand, was basically straddling him. He also pointed his wand, but unlike me, he pointed it at the man's heart.

Sirius only chuckled. "Are you going to kill me, children?" He didn't look the least bit scared.

"Don't think we won't," I hissed.

But before either of us could say a single spell, the door burst open and Lupin came in. "Expelliarmus!" Mine and Harry's wands flew from our grasp. Lupin came closer to Sirius, taking in his appearance. "Well, well, Sirius, looking rather ragged, aren't we? Finally, the flesh reflects the madness within." He kept his wand pointed as he spoke.

"Well, you'd know all about the 'madness within', wouldn't you, Remus?" Sirius retorted.

Lupin lowered his wand and offered out a hand. Sirius took it, letting Lupin help him to his feet. What happened next left us all gobsmacked. The two men embraced like they were brothers.

"I've found them!" Sirius whispered, overjoyed.

Lupin nodded. "I know."

"Finally," Sirius whispered.

"I know," Lupin repeated.

"Let's kill him," Sirius said.

"NO!" Hermione shouted, "I trusted you! And all this time...you've been his friend." She pointed at Lupin. "He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes!"

Lupin looked shocked. "How long have you known?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at her.

"Since Professor Snape sent the essay," Hermione answered.

Surprisingly, Lupin wasn't mad. He seemed impressed by her figuring it out. "Well, Hermione, you really are the brightest witch of your age I've ever met."

"Enough talk, Remus! Come on, let's kill them!" Sirius butted in.

"Wait," Lupin ordered him.

"I did my waiting! 12 years of it, in Azkaban!" Sirius shouted.

Lupin eyed him for a moment before giving him his wand. "Very well. Kill him. But wait one more minute. Harry and Cassia have the right to know why."

"We do know why, we're not stupid!" I snapped, pointing my wand at Sirius. "You betrayed our parents!"

"You're the reason they're dead!" Harry added.

"No, it wasn't him. Somebody did betray your parents, but it was somebody who, until quite recently, I believed to be dead," Lupin corrected us.

"Who was it, then?" Harry asked.

"Peter Pettigrew!" Sirius answered. "And he's in this room right now! Come out, come out, Peter! Come out, come out and play!"

"Expelliarmus!" someone said, making Sirius' wand fly out of his hand. We all turned our heads to see Snape had just come in. He came closer to Sirius, aiming his wand at him.
"Ah yes, vengeance is sweet. How I hoped I'd be the one to catch you this time," he remarked, before glancing at Lupin. "I told Dumbledore you were helping an old friend into the castle. And now, here's the proof."