Harry & I free Dobby

Cassia's POV

Ginny was sent to the hospital wing, while Harry, Ron, and I were brought into Dumbledore's office.

"You realize, of course, that in the past few hours, you have broken, perhaps, a dozen school rules," Dumbledore told us.

"Yes, sir," all three of us muttered, bowing our heads.

"And there is sufficient evidence to have you all expelled," Dumbledore continued. "Therefore, it is only fitting that you both receive special awards for services to the school."

Our heads snapped up at this. Is he serious? We're not getting punished?

Dumbledore cracked a small smile at our reactions, before handing a bunch of papers to Ron. "Mr. Weasley, if you could have an owl deliver these release papers to Azkaban. I believe we want our gamekeeper back," he said.

Ron nodded and headed off to the Owlery. After he left, Dumbledore looked at Harry and I.

"Harry, Cassia, firstly, I want to thank you. You both must have shown me true loyalty down in the chamber. Only that could have called Fawkes to you," he told us.

We nodded.

"And second, I sense that something is troubling the both of you," he added, to which we both nodded again.

"You see, sir, I couldn't help but notice certain -- certain similarities between...Tom Riddle and us," Harry replied.

"I noticed it, too," I agreed.

"You can speak Parseltongue, Harry," Dumbledore said calmly, "because Lord Voldemort -- who is the last remaining descendant of Salazar Slytherin -- can speak Parseltongue. Cassia, you have the ability to bend fire at your command, because Lord Voldemort is capable of controlling the flames of the Fiendfyre Curse. Unless I'm much mistaken, he transferred some of his own powers to you the night he gave you and your sister those scars."

"Yes, but how do you explain the fireballs shooting out of my hands?" I questioned.

"Voldemort transferred his powers...to us?" I repeated.

"Not intentionally, but yes," Dumbledore confirmed.

Harry had a look of realization on his face. "So the Sorting Hat was right. I should be in Slytherin," he deduced.

"Yes. You possess many qualities that Voldemort himself prizes; determination, resourcefulness, and if I may say so, a certain disregard for the rules as well," Dumbledore informed him, "Why, then, did the Sorting Hat place you in Gryffindor?"

"Because Harry asked it to," I replied.

"Exactly. It is not our abilities that show who we are. It is our choices. If you want further proof why you belong in Gryffindor, I suggest the both of you look more closely at this," Dumbledore said, handing us the sword. There was an engraving on the blade.

"Godric Gryffindor," Harry and I read.

"Ah, it would take only a true Gryffindor to pull that out of the hat," Dumbledore remarked.

The door suddenly flew open, and Lucius Malfoy stormed in. When I saw Dobby peering out from behind Lucius' leg, I was at a loss for words.

"Dobby! So this is your master. The family you serve is the Malfoys!" Harry exclaimed, just as shocked as I was.

Dobby only whimpered in response.

"I'll deal with you later," Lucius muttered through clenched teeth. He faced Dumbledore. "So, it's true. You have returned."