The end of being alone.

Sang's POV:

After I had answered there was no reply. Its like there was nobody there anymore and I began to slowly panic. God damnit sang...what the hell did you just do? I could feel my throat closing up and my vision blurred with unshed tears. They're going to come for me now. They're going to rape me and toss me out to the undead. Oh god, how could I have been so fricken stupid?

My body was trembling and I choked out a sob before silently allowing myself to cry. I hadn't cried since the day I saved Max. I've been strong for the two of us. I had to be. But now...right now I was weak and pretty sure I was going to die all because a stupid decision I had made. That thought had my breathing coming out in shallow pants and I was struggling to suck in enough oxygen. Black dots began to dance across my vision. No, not right now. Breathe sang breathe damnit. Max quickly crawled onto my lap and started to lick my face.

He always knew what to do when this happened. He'd helped me get through many nightmares before, so this was nothing new to him. He would just sit with me and lick me until I cuddled him and came back from the panic. This time it was no different.

When I finally got my breathing under control I looked out the window again, still nothing. I double checked the window was secured before crawling under my blankets with max now curled up at the end of my bed. I laid there struggling to stay awake as i listened to the howl of the wind and the soft pitter patter of the rain hitting the house. I tried to keep my eyes open but after the panic attack I'd had earlier I was exhausted. With the storm of the night blistering on outside I was dragged off into sleep and the darkness of my mind.

I woke up to the sound of Max growling lowly. I sat up slowly and rubbed the sleep from my eyes before focusing my attention on what the dog was growling about. I scanned my room listening quietly for any changes in the house. Nothing.

"What is it max?" I whispered in a sleepy croaking voice before following his gaze out the window. The sun was up now so it made it much easier to see. Across the street were about 7 undead shuffling around the door and front window of a house. The same house that had signaled me yesterday. Good. At least the signaler can't hurt me now. I thought bitterly and instantly regretted it. It wasn't right for me to feel that way. They had yet to hurt me or threaten me in any way and here I was practically wishing death on them.

And the good Samaritan of the year award goes to...sang Sorenson.

Well fuck.

I guess I better help them. They might at least leave me alone since I've done them a favor. I thought to myself.