Saved By A Prince.

Sang's POV:

After talking with North all night I learned a lot about him. He told me about how he met Silas, and about their many adventures until morning light hit and we quietly watched the sunrise together before Kota and Nathan came out to relieve us and we said goodnight. Before he went to bed he told me if I had anymore nightmares to wake him up or to talk to Sean or Mr. B. and he dropped a kiss to my head that had me blushing like crazy and floating of to bed. He wasn't as scary as he looked. Really much more like a teddy bear...a grumpy teddy bear.

Around 2:00 I was woken up to someone softly running their fingers through my hair. I sighed and snuggled deeper into my pillow when a smooth baritone chuckle and the scent of moss and berries surrounded me like a warm blanket.

"Princess, it's time to get up." Victor cooed with a smile in his voice. I groaned and slowly peeked out at him through one eye earning me another chuckle as his Fire eyes gently smoldered at me. "Come on, princess. I've even got an MRE ready for you." At that I sat up looking at him full of hope.

" Is it the one with the pop tart thing? " I asked with a big smile. He shook his head smiling at me.

"No princess, its a healthy one because none of us wanted North to get grumpy with you later," he paused as we heard a grunt come from his sleeping bag and both looked over to see him looking up at us through narrowed sleepy eyes and a matching sleepy scowl.

I beamed at him and his face softened, before I turned back to victor to continue. He passed me a MRE and a spoon and smiled widely as he exclaimed "its a veggie omelet."

Now two things happened at once one of which I had no idea was even possible...

The first, My eyes went wide in horror and I could feel all the color drain from my face as I looked between the MRE, Victor who was still smiling softly, and then turned to North for help.

The second, North burst out laughing causing both Victor and I to look at him like he'd grown two heads. Victor, because he couldn't believe he was laughing like that and me because this was no laughing matter.

North was crying he was laughing so hard and if this had happened to anybody other than me I could see the humor in it. I felt bad though and victor was looking back at me expectantly so I scooped out the dog-vomit orange goop out of its pouch and I'm sure my face was ghost white, but I forced a smile as I brought it to my lips and forced myself to keep a neutral reaction as I put it in my mouth.

The taste was horrifying tobthe point that my eyes began to water,there really was no way to explain the taste except for crunchy, and it had a similar texture to cottage cheese or curdled milk. I had just started to chew when North's laughing stopped abruptly and his eyes went wide before he Shot up out of his sleeping bag and cupped a hand under my mouth before pounding on my back.

"SANG BABY, YOU SPIT THAT SHIT BACK OUT RIGHT NOW! I MEAN IT BABY...SPIT IT OUT!" He bellowed at me and I did as he said sighing in relief as victor stood up his fire eyes igniting into an iferno of fury.

He opened his mouth to defend me but paused when North shot him a look and snatched the Omelet pouch out of my hands and passing me some sort of poptart. "Vic, I know you were just trying to be helpful but take a bite of this please." North growled lowly passing it to him.

Victor huffed and took a large spoonful. North and I both winced in unison as he popped it into his mouth. Victor went rigid and paled, staring at the two of us wide-eyed as we both nodded rapidly with matching grimaces before he lifted the pouch and promptly spat it back inside.