Each New Day Brings Hope.

Sang's POV:

I woke up with a start. Another nightmare had made it's way into my peaceful slumber. It was early morning. The sun was barely beginning to rise so I quickly crawled out of bed, carefully maneuvering around the sleeping boys, before making my way out of the room. I rapidly changed into a striped tshirt, jean shorts and a black jacket before rushing outside as I slipped on my converse.

I walked down the staircase and onto the stone paved driveway before plopping down onto my butt and staring out at the distance as the sun began to ascend. It was a breathtaking...and covered the sky in deep reds, various shades of orange, and plenty of yellows. I sighed taking in the site. I was glad some things hadn't changed about our new world.

It was a beautif reminder that no matter how crappy things are now, there will always be another chance for things to get better, a new day. I was so lost in thought I didn't notice the one of the boys had followed me out until a breeze blew in from behind me, bringing with it the smell if spice, and I smiled.

"Kota, your free to join me y'know." I acknowledged him without taking my eyes off the scene in front of me. I heard his footsteps approaching before I felt his presence beside me. I turned and gave him a small smile.

Kota was wearing a dark forest green shirt, and a pair of dark wash jeans with his chucks. His hair was disheveled and stuck out on one side of his head. I giggled before flattening out his hair for him and he smiled at me. His emerald green eyes watching me curiously through his black rimmed glasses but he didn't say a word.

We sat there in companionable silence, just watching the sunrise for another 30 minutes or so before a strong breeze flowed past us and I shivered hard. Kota scooted closer to me and wrapped an arm around my waist drawing me in towards him and he rested his head against mine. Finally he broke the silence.

"Couldn't sleep?" He whispered softly, I nodded and cuddled closer. He let out a soft chuckle before going silent again. This time, I broke the silence.

"There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise and hope." I whispered softly, he nodded.

"Who said that?" He asked furrowing his brow in concentration.

"B. Williams," I murmured before adding, "I think it applies to us more than anything right now..." I paused and studied me intently nodding for me to continue.

"The world is scary and that's a problem, at night things usually seem to be worse. The world we live in now is full of hate, anger, fear, desperation. Things are gonna get bad, but as long as that sun rises every morning I won't be losing my hope. Hope's a powerful thing y'know..." I paused letting it sink in. I could feel his gaze burning into the side if my head but I just continued.

" Hope: the feeling that what is wanted can be had it that events will turn out for the best; to believe, desire; to trust, rely. Hope is what keeps us going, hope is that little voice that whispers "maybe" when the rest of the world is shouting "no". It's what keeps us sane, its what tells us there is still right and wrong in the world, Kota. Hope, and a serious amount of luck, is what brought me to you, and Nathan, and Victor, and all the rest of the boys. Hope is what got me through the lonliness, it's what helped me learn that sometimes you've gotta fall, before you can fly. With each day the sun rises, hope soars, and as long as we have hope, tomorrow awaits " I explained with a small sad smile. He had been quiet the entire time. I hadn't realized that the rest of the boys had trickled out of the house slowly and were now sitting behind us.

"Well said, Miss. Sorenson." Mr. Blackbourne complimented. I startled and spun around at the sound of his voice to see all the boys smiling softly at me and my cheeks flush pink, causing a few of the boys to chuckle.

"Hey now, don't you get all shy on us now pookie." Sean teased with a Cheshire cat grin. I turned bright red at that. North and Victor were still holding my kittens so I hopped up scooping them out of their arms, thankful for a distraction.

"Come along, my little fur babies, I bet none of these smart papas of yours thought to feed you yet, did they?" I cooed at the kittens while shooting a mock stern look to the boys. My answer was obvious from the mewing of the kittens and the guilty smiles from all my boys. I giggled and headed into the house to take care of my baby kitties, the boys trailing in behind me.

Luke's POV:

After her halfhearted reprimand for not feeding the kittens Cupcake headed inside and like a bunch of lovesick pups we all trickled in behind her. She was amazing. Sweet as sugar and intelligent all wrapped into a bundle of soft blonde curls and big beautiful green eyes. She was perfect.

I knew some of my brothers were already becoming aware of the small girl who had quickly made her way into our hearts. She had us wrapped around her little fingers and she didn't even have a clue that we would do absolutely anything for her....Even Mr. B.

I was pretty sure both North and Gabe had already fallen head over heals for her. She calmed North's temper quicker than anything I'd ever seen with just a look, and the big brute practically melts when she touches him. I've never seen him so gentle before, like he is when it comes to her. As for Gabe...Hell, Gabe has it written all over his face. You'd be an idiot if you coukdnt see that. You might as well slap a big property of sang sticker over his heart and call it a day. The rest of us are falling as well, she doesn't play favorites and so far she's spread her time and any affections she shows pretty easily and I wonder how that will play out.

There's 9 of us and 1 of her. People are bound to get hurt, and the sooner we come up with a solution the easier it will be when that day comes. I've been thinking a lot about this a lot lately...I can tell Mr. B. has too when I catch him staring at her when nobody's looking. He's planning something. I can practically hear the wheels turning in his head. The only solution I've come up with is the same one I'd heard when I spent time helping out an older team in the Academy.

The Anderson team.

A group of 5. Four dogs and one bird, but based on what they had told me it was a love her or lose her situation. We couldn't lose her though and that's what terrified me about that plan. Could we really all love her though? Would she be able to love us all in return? Of course she can. I thought to myself.

Of course my sweet, innocent little cupcake with the biggest heart of gold I'd ever seen would be able to love us all. The real question was would she want to. Would she be willing to love 9 men and be loved in return by all of us. I knew I would have to talk to Mr. B. about these thoughts and see what he himself was planning but for now I would just enjoy the attention and affection she shared with us, because if she chose to leave, I'm pretty sure not one of us would make it out of this messed up world we're living in now. She wouldn't leave us though we're her family now, and her family will always come first...right?

I truly hoped so.