Waiting For Malen'kaya Ptichka.

Nathan's POV:

We pulled into the driveway of Mr. B.'s safe house around 3 am. It'd been a long, long, LONG drive. San Diego looked nothing like it did the last time we took a trip out here...

The city looked to be bombed. The tall buildings and the Padre's stadium- Petco Park- were pretty much burnt to the ground at this point. Hell, even the naval bases were gone. It's like when the virus started to spread, it took down everything in it's path.

We were lucky that Mr. B.'s house was closer to the city of Oceanside where there wasn't as much destruction. He had a property running right along the beach near a big pier that had some little diner at the end of it, I'd always wanted to try it...looks like that won't be an option now though.

We opened the gate to the property with the key. We were lucky not to need the generator. I think that had ended up with Kota... We pulled into the drive after locking the gate back up and parked in front of the house, it didn't really matter, all of our brothers had keys for it. The 8 of us climbed out of the car and stretched. I was glad to be out of that damn thing. Too many people...

There wasn't a single light, flashlight or even a soft glow from a candle coming from the house so we realized we'd been the first to get here. Mr. B. unlocked the front door and we all branched off to do a quick sweep of the house to be sure there weren't any intruders, satisfied when we saw none we got to work.

We unloaded the car qhickly- seeing as there were 8 of us- and locked up for the night, turning on lanterns and lighting a fire to keep us warm and to add a little light in the living room, nothing had changed really, there was 10 bedrooms- 5 upstairs, 5 downstairs- a living room, a kitchen, a dining room, a den/game room and a California room with an indoor hot tub.

We had all divided to turn in for the night and were headed off to bed when we noticed Raven laying on the couch facing the front door with the kittens in hand a big Cheshire cat grin plastered on his face

How and When Peanut's kittens became attached at the hip to the biggest, scarriest guy you'll ever meet blows my mind, and is a question the world may never know the answer to. But...I think we were all more curious as to why the big Russian neanderthal looked like a kid on Christmas, waiting for Santa to come.

"Raven, what the hell are you doing? And why are you smiling like a creep? C'mon everyone's going to bed." Brandon grumbled at him in between a yawn.

"Nope!" Raven exclaimed- way too cheerfully for being awake at this time- popping the "p" before continuing.

"I'm waiting to meet malen'kaya ptichka (little bird), you all can go to get...what is american term for...ah, yes. Sleeping beauty. Yes, now go get your sleeping beauty moi brat'ya (my brothers), I don't need it. If I get too much of it melen'kaya ptichka (little bird) might be too peregruzhen (overwhelmed) by my good looks." He stated matter-of-factly with an eyebrow wiggle. I rolled my eyes and Corey chuckled as he answered him while the rest of the guys groaned.