While You're Away.

Mr. Blackbourne's POV:

I watched as half my team, including Miss. Sorenson left The Morgan estate before turning around and heading inside. I knew my family was pissed at my choice to send her but she was without a doubt one of the best marksman out of us, only rivaled by The younger Mr. Taylor. We needed her out there, even if I didn't want her to go. If things were different I'd say she had Academy Girl written all over her but as things were now, I wasn't even sure how much Academy was left in Charleston, let alone the nation.

I was sitting in the living room with Miss. Sorenson's kitten- Snickers- curled up, asleep on my lap when The older Mr. Taylor came in with a unhappy looking Harley. I frowned when he dropped him into my arms before arching a brow.

"Mr. Taylor?" I commanded. He knew it was more than just a greeting though so he dove right in spilling g his guts about everything from bad kittens to dinner before starting on a subject that peeked my interest.

The Anderson team.

"...and the weird thing is, Mr. B. They were all happy. Every. Single. One. Of. Them...I can see my brothers falling for her. Hell, I can feel it myself, but if we're gonna keep her we've gotta get out shit together and figure this out." He said determinedly, before continuing.

"We can't lose her Mr. B., I can't lose her." He added softly looking down at the floor. I nodded and thought about it. His plan could work. I'd been trying to come up with a plan on what to do as well and I'm not going to pretend I didn't consider an Anderson team arrangement because it was one of the first things that came to mind.

"Mr. Taylor, who do you know without a doubt is already in love with Miss. Sorenson?" I asked, I had an idea but confirming my suspicions never hurt either.

"North and Gabriel for sure. I think maybe Victor and Silas, as well as myself are just about right there with them but I'm not certain. I can't really speak for them." He informed me and I nodded. I assumed the same, adding Sean onto the list as well.

"Very well, I will speak with them individually. I agree with your plan and your assumptions Mr. Taylor, but perhaps for now we should keep thus between us..." I trailed of and he nodded at me in thanks before making his way out of the living room.

Time to talk to Mr. Coleman. I thought to myself as I set the kittens on the couch and made my way upstairs...

Gabriel's POV:

I woke up and Trouble was gone. I didn't bother getting up...I wouldn't be much help until I could see that she was safe again. I've been having a serious case of separation anxiety over the last week, and had pretty much glued myself to Trouble's side all week. The boys didn't rib me about it though and for that, I was fucking grateful.

She's been the only person who's been able to keep the panic attacks at bay. The day that we found Pam in her room with her blood and brains painting the wall, it was the same...I fucking lost it. I was 9 years old again, lost, afraid, and completely alone...but my Trouble, she brought me back.

She clung to me and I hadn't realized how much I needed that. She grounded me. She was my rock, my fucking anchor. She's the light that pulled me out of the darkness and I couldn't be more thankful that we met her when we did. I had a hard time being separated from her though, even if she was just in another room or outside. The thought if something happening to her, it was enough to have me panicking again.

My breathing started first, I was hyperventilating now, panting. I could hear my heart pounding and the blood rushing through my ears. I started to tug on my hair, as I tried to focus on a spot on the floor. Fuck, where's Trouble? I need my Trouble. A big hand pushed my head in between my legs and I could feel my breathing begin to steady as Mr. B.'s voice filtered throughout the room.

"Mr. Coleman you need to breathe, you are safe. Everyone is safe. Nobody is hurt." He reassured me from his seated position on the bed beside me, but I only cared about one person being safe and I needed to hear it from him that she was safe.

"Trouble?" I whimpered out in between pants. He nodded, his scary steel eyes searched my face for a second and he must have found what he was looking for because he nodded again, this time more slowly.

"Miss. Sorenson is alright Mr. Coleman. If she wasn't your brothers would have brought her back by now, or they would be here delivering bad news and they are not. They are safe, Mr. Coleman. She is safe." He kept promising to me and I could feel my shoulders sag with relief, as my breathing evened out and I nodded.

"Mr. Coleman, what are your feelings for Miss. Sorenson?" He asked curiously, as he examined me. I wanted to lie, I didn't want to tell him the truth because I was afraid for her to know. Shit, I was scared shitless just knowing it myself. I needed her though. I knew that for sure and I told him so.

"I understand Mr. Coleman. However, that's not what I was referring to. What I meant to ask is are you in love with Miss. Sorenson?" He asked me straightforward. Jeez who does that? He arched a brow, daring me to try and squirm my way out of answering that one.

Well shit.

"Yes," I breathed out "but she doesn't know yet." I quickly added. He nodded just staring at me. He wasn't really looking at me though more like in my direction while contemplating something, until finally he spoke.

"I have a plan, but for now I would like for you to keep this discussion between the two of us. We will be having a family meeting when the others get back...one without Miss. Sorenson." He informed me before standing up and exiting the room. I sat there and stared at the spot he had just been sitting at on the bed before throwing myself back onto the pillows...

Well fuck, shit's about get fucking interesting around here. That's for damn sure. I thought as I hefted myself back up and off the bed, leaving the room to go do something useful until my Trouble comes home.

I really hoped that would be soon though, because I was already getting a bad feeling about this supply run they had gone on. For now though I just had to remember she was with my brothers, and they would keep her safe. They had to, because without Trouble, I don't think any of us would be okay anymore...