Night Watch And Bad Dreams.

Sang's pov:

After we had finished eating, the boys and I headed back into the house with hanfulls of MRE's before I secured the locker again. I put organized all the MRE's in the trunk next to my bookshelf and decided to take a nap so the boys could have some time to get adjusted.

It was winter time and the season was reflected all around me, there was fresh snow everywhere from the blizzard last night, the air was cool and crisp, and the lake had finally frozen over with ice a few days back. I was running through the forest- like I did everyday- near my old house in Illinois, when a loud garbled scream was let out from ahead of me in my path.

I stopped short debating whether turning back would be a better option or not but I knew it would begin to get dark out soon and this was the fastest way home. I also wanted to make sure nobody was hurt. I walked silently and ever so slowl inched forward around the last bend only to inhale sharply and slap a hand over my mouth in time to stop my scream.

There laying on the ground, body ripped to shreds as it was being esten by a lone wolf, was a young girl. She couldn't have been older than, maybe 6. The knowledge of that akine was almost too much to bear. She would never grow up, never have friends, a boyfriend, husband and kids...none of it. I hadn't realized I had been crying until I let out a whimper and the wolfs red-eyed gaze locked onto mine.

In a split I recognized the malice cross it's eyes before it licked the little girls blood off its jaw before turning and charging in my direction. I screamed and ran as fast as I could, cutting through the trees to get to the other side of the lake where there were hunters always walking about.