9. A Flash Flood of Problems Pt. 2

I rang the doorbell as I sighed, thoughts running through my head.

What if Xavier does talk to other girls? Would he do that? He wouldn't right?

My thoughts were rapidly cut off with the door opening. Just as I was about to announce my presence, a familiarly high pitched voice had already spoke out first.

You've got to be kidding me.

My mouth subtly widened as Kaitlyn's face as she greeted me with a fake smile.

"Oh hey! You go here too?" She giggled.

"W-what do you mean?" My mouth couldn't help but bust wide open.

"I come here a lot to give my lovely neighbors apple pie." She glanced up and down at my outfit. "Plus, I get to check out your boyfriend, which is a really beautiful view by the way." Her eyes sinisterly looked at me as she continued to laugh.

I clenched my fists in anger, preparing to punch her down, but was quickly stopped with another familiar voice.

"Oh it's you! Arielle, hun, come on in!" Rosalyn's voice chimed in from the inside.

We both remained quiet, me and Kaitlyn glaring each other down.

"You know each other?" Rosalyn smiled behind Kaitlyn.

Just before I could've replied, Kaitlyn's face changed from a dirty look, to a fake, happy smile.

"Yea! We're like totally best friends!" Kaitlyn exclaimed happily. "I'd love to chat more but I have a laser appointment in 30 minutes! Bye everyone! Take care Rosalyn, hope you enjoy the apple pie!" She purposely bumped against my shoulder as she walked herself back to her pink Ferrari.

I was not about to let her go just yet.

My hand quickly snatched hers, causing her to almost stumble.

I forcefully pulled her back, enough so she can hear what I'm about to say.

Her face was subtly painted with fear as our eyes met each other. "Don't make me rip your skull out. You know I can, and you know I will." My voice was harsh and threatening.

She quickly retracted her hand back as she threw me a forced smile to cover her fear. "I'm everything you're not. I have connections Areola, and I'll see to it that I destroy everything you have." She spoke proudly, turning back to her car. "Ciao."

I breathed quietly to myself as I felt like steam was popping out of my ears and nose, like an enraged bull.

My eyes rolled back as I tried to be happy again for Rosalyn.

I slowly turned back, trying my best to mask my anger.

"Is everything okay?" She queried politely, gently rubbing her hands on her cat designed apron.

"Yea, everything is perfect!" I ran to her with a wide smile.

"Oh sweetie I missed you!" Rosalyn laughed as she hugged me.

"I missed you too!" I exclaimed excitedly, her clothes smelling like freshly baked goods which honestly made me so hungry.

"Are you here for Xavier?" She queried with a grin.

"Y-yea I am." I nodded my head at her, trying to sound polite as possible.