16. Cry me a River

My body's energy went over 9000 and rapidly got myself off the chair, fast, and quiet.

"Hey Miss Tesfaye, I was wondering if Arielle was here?" Mason's familiarly deep and husky voice let out, making my heart immediately race.

Since my mom and I have somewhat of a mother daughter connection, she knew she'd have to ask me first.

I sat down near the fridge as I tried my best to remain quiet. I felt like one of those dumb girls in those scary movies where they would hide somewhere obvious and they would eventually get caught.

"Oh well, let me see if she's here, just give me a second." Her voice sounded polite, being followed by the front door closing. "Arielle what do you thin-" I interrupted her.

"No! No please no! I'll end up killing him!" I exclaimed.

"You really need to talk it out Arielle. I'm not forcing you to be friends again, but he's been your best friend for 14 years, you can't throw that away without having closure." My mom sighed. "If you end up killing him I'll clean up after you." She laughed.

I sighed as I looked down. A closure? That closure was already made the second he cared about his reputation more than our friendship. But then again, I am really curious as to what he wanted.

Should I talk to him?

Nah.

Wait?

Eh.

Hmm

No.

I might as well.

"O-kay." I rolled my eyes as I got up off against the fridge. "I'll do it."

"Alright." My mom smiled at me proudly. "I'll leave you two alone." She looked back at me as she slowly proceeded to walk up stairs.

I closed my eyes for a brief second as I carefully walked towards the door, his extremely attractive face being seen on the small peep hole, making me slightly feel trepidation.

Here we go.

I slowly turned the door knob and gently opened the door, my other hand putting a bunch of hairs behind my ear.

And there he was, his mouth slightly open, his eyes anxiously glancing at me top to bottom. "Ah- I- ah." He always stuttered every time he was nervous.

I took a deep breath as I looked at him and then away. "May I help you?" I softly spoke, my words coming out a lot more harsher than I intended.

"I-I just wanted talk to you." His voice was deep and low, but was still audible for me to hear.

"Do you wanna come in?" My eyes finally met his chocolate colored ones. His eyes the one thing that looked familiar to me.

"Yea." He let out with a sigh, my body moving aside as he walked in.