39. A Downpour of Depression

After the long and somewhat tiring goodbyes from the boys, it was finally Trevor's turn.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Trevor sighed as he looked at me in complete sadness.

I slowly nodded my head at him in response. "I just need a break from everything and focus on my education." I looked around the locker room one last time. "It's really not personal."

Trevor pursed his lips at me. "As cheesy as that sounds, I'll always be here for you." He hugged me as I closed my eyes.

This was the last swimming practice for The TigerSharks. I decided that so much stuff has happened lately and I was honest about me wanting to have a break.

I wanted to have a break from the team, the drama, and the problems that seemed to never stop.

I'm not quitting swimming forever, but I honestly just wanna have a break, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Trevor and I ended the warm comforting hug. "Thanks Trevor." I tried to smile. "And I promise, we will always see each other." I added.

"We better!" He laughed, playfully swiping off an imaginary tear.

"Alright." I sniffed, looking around the gigantically spacious gymnasium I'm so used to seeing everyday.

I looked at the guys one last time, their faces mixed with emotions.

"Bye guys!" I laughed, proceeding to walk out as I heard all of their loud responses echoe through the halls.

"HIT ME UP!"
"BRUH WHY YOU GOTTA LEAVE?"
"LOVE YOU!"
"I SWEAR IF KAITLYN'S TWIG ASS REPLACES HER IMA LEAVE WITH ARIELLE!"
"DON'T FORGET ABOUT YOUR PAPI!"
"GOD BLESS YOU CHILD!"

Abel's twig comments never fails to make me laugh, and Steven always saying those religious comments always make me roll my eyes.

Ima miss them..

"You're missing this season?" Alec's mouth immediately dropped

"Yeah." I dryly responded, proceeding to stuff my mouth with chips as I kept my eyes glued on the T.V.

His eyes remained on me. "But swimming is like your passion? How is that even possible?"

I shrugged, looking down at my shirt as a piece of chip fell out the bag. "I'm just tired. I'm not quitting it forever, I just need a break to focus on my studies right now." I rolled my eyes as I looked down on the chip stain imprinted onto my shirt. "Oh fudge!"