11. Uncovering Secrets From the Deep

"Is there something you're not telling me?" I finally broke the silence.

My mom sighed. "Arielle not now please." Her eyes focusing at the road.

"What do you mean? I just asked a question?" I replied back, turning my head at her.

"Well not now." She glanced at me, then looking back at the road.

She seemed very anxious, making the atmosphere around us uncomfortable.

"Why were you at his house?" I queried quietly, ignoring what she just said from how curious I was. "You can't blame me for being freaked out you just came out of my friend's house looking all mad."

"Arielle." She muttered annoyingly. "Please stop."

"I'm not doing anything and you know it. Don't you think I deserve an explanation?" I raised an eyebrow at her, my emotions subtly mixing together.

She remained quiet as she kept driving, her eyes glued down at the road.

"Okay." I sighed, rolling my eyes towards my window, my fingers unconsciously playing with the necklace Steven gave me.

The second the car arrived back home, I rapidly jumped out and rushed inside to go to my room.

I had to text Steven and see what was up.

I carelessly dropped all of my stuff to the ground as I reached in my pocket for my phone.

I guess Steven had already beat me to it. "Did your mom say anything? My dad is ignoring me." His text read.

"Me too! It's so weird! I tried asking her but she didn't tell me anything. D:" I replied, sitting myself down on my bed.

"What the hell." He sent.

"Yup." I let out a deep sigh as my mind raced about the whole situation.

My hand gently placed my phone on the table near my bed. Thoughts running about my mom knowing Steven's address.

I mean, how weird is that?

"Aaarrrrieeelleee." Max's voice echoed behind me as I sighed.

I slammed my locker closed as I turned towards Max, his shirtless body already in front me.

"I changed my mind." I let out, making his face look subtly surprised. "I-I can't do it. I was stupid to even think about something that mean. Karma will eventually bite her back in the ass and that's all I can hope for right now." I bit my lip, looking left and right for other people.