13. Swimming into Murky Waters

"Alec's gay." Trevor let out, making Jade and I laugh out loud, our voices filling the empty café.

"What?" I slightly spoke loud. "How do you know?" I looked to my left to see if my coffee was finally done.

"Arielle." He narrowed his eyes at me. "You're asking a gay guy if another guy is gay."

"Oh true." I replied stupidly. "But it seems like he's scared to tell me."

He took a quick sip off his cup. "He'll tell you when he's comfortable. Just wait it out."

I was about to reply, but the familiar voice of the barista had already exclaimed out my name.

"An extra large dark caramel latté sweetened, for Arielle Tesfaye." The Barista let out.

Yes an extra large! Their large is literally only a gallon and I'm not about that life.

I watched Trevor's eyes widen at the guy as I quickly got up. "Is he on the menu?" He whispered.

Jade snorted as she almost choked on her drink. "Probably not." She laughed.

I proceeded to walk myself towards the barista with a smile.

"What is it this time?" I arrived at the booth, looking at his name tag to catch his name again.

Kai.

"Huh?" He played dumb, furrowing his eyebrows at me.

I wanted to roll my eyes but I didn't want to be rude. "Last time it was a bear holding a heart." I simpered at him.

He lightly chuckled as he clenched his incredibly defined jaw at me. "This time it's nothing because you ordered whip cream." He quickly licked his lips, turning them to shade of pink.

"Oh." I anxiously laughed. The more I looked at him the more my heart started to beat, and I didn't like it. "Thanks anyway." I grabbed my cup, his deep green eyes intensely looking at me as I prepared to walk away.

"M-miss." He spoke behind me. "I-if you want I can." He continued as I turned back towards him.

My eyes met his again. "It's fine." I nodded my head at him.

"WHAT ABOUT ME!" Trevor loudly exclaimed as he excitedly got up.

Kai let out a charmingly audible chuckle behind me as I walked back to my table, throwing Trevor a confused look.

"What are you doing?" I mouthed out, gently laying my cup on the table.

"Sure, come on up!" Kai replied politely.

Trevor got up off his seat so fast that I had to hold on my cup for it not to spill.

"Actually, can you teach me how to do it?" Trevor brought himself inside the kitchen, making my mouth subtly widen.

"Hoe!" Jade exclaimed without shame, making me crack out in laughter.

Instead of a reply, Trevor just threw us a seductive wink, making Jade's mouth bust wide open.

She raised an eyebrow at me with a smile. "Are you seeing this?"

"Did any of you wanna learn how to do it too?" Kai queried, adjusting his cute barista cap.