20. When a Shark Bites Back

I never took my eyes off of her as she kept sleeping

I never took my eyes off of her as she kept sleeping. Her cheeks were blushed from the alcohol as my mind raced about what Andrew did.

Even from all the fucked up shit she went through today, she still manages to look sexy as hell.

I quietly hissed at my swollen knuckles, squinting at the small spots of dried blood. Who the hell did Andrew think he was, to come up with some stupid shit like that? Right now, I could careless if he was dead or not.

The only thing that matters now is Arielle's okay, and if she's okay, I'm okay.

She let out a quiet moan as she shuffled around the bed, her hand gently going over her face.

I quickly got up to walk towards her, her eyes slowly meeting mine. "Xavier?" Her voice was weak and low as I kneeled against her side of the bed.

My bruised hands grabbed her's as I breathed deeply, quickly licking my lips at her. "You doing okay?" My voice came a lot more lower than I thought.

She sniffed, her eyes still red from crying. "Yea." She sighed as her dark blue eyes focused into mine.

"Everything is okay now, alright?" I moved my face closer to her's. God how badly I wanted to kiss her. "I'm here." I spoke again, trying to calm her sudden anxiety.

"Where are we?" She queried, raising a finger to rub her eyes.

"In my room." I blinked my eyes at her as I replied quietly.

There was a long pause as we looked at each other. Both of us looked done with everything and exhausted.

"I'm sorry." Arielle eyes started to release tears as her face immediately burst out in quiet cries. My grip around her hand tightened as I got into bed with her.

"Hey hey." I spoke softly as she laid her head on my body, her tears falling onto my shirt. "I'm here. Don't cry." Watching her cry and hearing her cry made me wanna punch Andrew more. Because of him, everything happened the way it did.

She took a deep breath as our bodies intertwined. "I-I know I should've never gone to that party, I'm so stupi-" I interrupted her.

"Hey stop." I gently raised her chin up. "It's my fault I forced you. I should've changed my mind the second we got to that house." My finger wiped away her tears as she sniffed.

Her breathing slowly became calmer as a long silence broke out.

"Xavier." She spoke as she looked up at me. "What happened to Andrew?" Her voice sounding slightly hoarse.