53. A Large Ripple for a Small Ocean

I yawned deeply as I looked inside my duffel bag, checking if everything I needed was in it

I yawned deeply as I looked inside my duffel bag, checking if everything I needed was in it. "Are you nervous?" I glanced up at Azazel, his eyes looking up at me brightly.

He began to tease. "Not really. My team's been training like crazy, I'm pretty sure we'd be able to demolish you." I couldn't help but laugh at his confident response.

Suddenly a voice appeared out of nowhere, making my cheeks flush as I glanced up at him. "I think both of you are forgetting that the Stingrays exist." Xavier smirked, leaning against my door. "You guys ready?" He ran his hand through his snowy white hair as I nodded my head in response.

"Yea." Azazel only took a quick second to answer as he grabbed his duffel bag.

Xavier and Azazel proceeded to walk out the door as I sighed, looking around my huge room that I still haven't been used to.

A lot has happened in the course of only 5 months, and I still couldn't believe it.

I was sad to leave my apartment 3 months ago, but after the long process of Xavier and I talking again and deciding to stay as friends, he surprisingly talked to me about moving into his house.

I obviously agreed because Nana Rosalyn's will had written that if we were to get married, she'd want nothing else but Xavier and I living together forever.

Since we're not married and we're still young, I still wanted to make sure I'm making Rosalyn proud by moving in with him as good friends.

Azazel took me moving out, pretty lightly as he stayed in the apartment, being able to afford the rent with his job as a tattoo artist. Even if I lived with Xavier, Azazel still does visit though since him and Xavier ended up becoming great friends. And I mean really really great friends.

They had so much in common about music and interests that sometimes I'd feel like a third wheel when they talked about something I didn't know about.

Xavier told me once that he talked to Azazel one on one about me, but I was clearly pissed off that still to this day, he never told me what went down in their long conversation.

"Arielle, come down already!" Xavier's voice echoed from down stairs, quickly making my thoughts collect together.

After racing down the stairs and walking towards them, I threw them both a small smile as I couldn't believe that they would even be an inch close to each other. "Sorry." I quietly apologized, following them out to the door.

Life's weird.