30. Caught in a Fishing Net

Savannah awkwardly looked at me as if I had three heads. "Girl, this is dumb as hell."

I crinkled my face as I looked at myself in the vanity. "I know right! This is so dumb! How am I gonna swim with just boy trunks?" My voice audibly nervous and scared. "I don't know Savannah."

She coughed as she flipped her gorgeous curls back. "I ain't worried about the makeup cus I can make that water proof, but how in the hell are you gonna act like a dude, talk like a dude, shit, even fit in with a bunch of other dudes?" She let out a sigh as I continued to frantically tap the desk with my nails.

"I don't kn-" Trevor's voice quickly appeared behind us.

"Coach Alice called." He sighed, glancing at me from the mirror. "She said you don't have to have to dress as a guy anymore, she thought that wasn't needed and she smacked Coach Alex on the head for it." He laughed, sitting down on the bed.

I let out the loudest scream of joy, words can't describe how slightly relieved I felt.

Thank god.

"Yes!" I screamed out of my seat. "Imagine how ugly I would've looked!" I laughed towards Trevor. "But, doesn't that mean I'm still gonna have to be the mole?" My voice dying down.

Trevor slowly nodded his head at me as I felt like I was gonna die. "This honestly sucks. This is literally the third time I'm gonna be switched to an all boys team." I spoke. "I don't even know what to make of it anymore."

Trevor all of a sudden raised his index finger up in the air as if he was about to protest. "Has it been bad? I mean if you never came to The TigerSharks, we would've never been friends and you would've never met your brother. And if you never switched to The Stingrays, you would've never met the love of your life. To me, it sounds more of a blessing than a curse." He explained a great point, making my eyes look down in thought.

Savannah coughed. "Girl he right. I mean how bad can it be?"

My lack of talking, caused a long silence to break out. They're right. Plus, it's not like I'm gonna be with that team for the whole year. Anything can happen, and right now, all I can do is hope for the best.

It felt weird to see Mason standing in front of me

It felt weird to see Mason standing in front of me. Even though I forgave him, still inside my head, I felt angry for some reason. Even if I was mad, he still could've talk to me about it in person.

It took him 3 years to man up and talk to me instead of texting me? Tragic.

"You wanted to talk to me about something?" I broke the awkward silence, just wanting to hear what he had to say already.

He quickly looked around my room, his light brown eyes then landing at mine. "When I came to the locker room, I just wanted to see how you were doing. That's why I left cus I figured it wasn't that important." He then broke eye contact as if he was intimidated by me. "I sound stupid, I'm sorry."