40. Floating on Dangerous Thoughts

I kept my eyes down as I slowly handed the phone back to Savannah, a long pause emitting itself around us.

Trying to process what Kai just told me was unbelievable, and even if I wasn't with Xavier, for some I could still feel his heart immensely torn.

"You okay?" Savannah spoke quietly. "Do you wanna go see Xavier? Kai said he's at the café."

"I don't know." I wanted to cry but all of my tears were spent and it sucked.

Just before I could've asked Savannah to go the café, loud knocks at my window immediately caught us off guard.

My eyes widened at a bunch of girls screaming and putting their flashing cameras at us.

"SAVANNAH YOU'RE GOALS."
"MOM!"
"CAN YOU TAKE A SELFIE WITH ME?"
"ROLL DOWN YOUR WINDOW BEFORE I SMASH IT OPEN!"

Savannah quickly rushed to turn the car back on. "Shit!" She exclaimed, proceeding to drive away from the crazy fans. "Sorry about that." She turned around, then looking back to the road.

I remained quiet, still trying to process the news about Rosalyn. "She was such an amazing person." I let out. "I can only imagine how Xavier's feeling right now."

She sighed, turning right towards the café. "Probably a lot. He got in a fight with you, then y'all decided to have a break, then he lost his grandmother. I mean, damn."

Silence continued all around us as the car continued to drive closer to the café.

The drive gave me some time to just go over on what I just heard. Hearing about someone you love die is almost unimaginable.

Without paying any attention since I was clouded by so many thoughts, Savannah parking her car quickly cut me off.

Here we go.

Savannah and I both got out of the car, my walking pace slightly much slower than hers since my head still couldn't wrap around the news.

We finally entered the heavily decorated café, anxious at the fact that for some reason I couldn't come up with any words to say to him.

"Where's Xavier?" Savannah queried, making Kai's eyes land before us.

He slowly shrugged as his eyes moved and left and right. "He didn't tell me. He couldn't even talk, he just came here to sob, and I felt bad for the dude."

Savannah spoke again. "Wait what?"

Kai blinked his eyes a few times as he adjusted his barista hat. "Yea. He left like 10 minutes ago."

Savannah's face frowned. "Should we be worried?"

Kai just awkwardly stared at us, then proceeding to look anxious. "He like screamed at me to give him a shot of espresso and then he just drove his bike away."

Savannah looked back towards me to ask a question. "You know him better than we do." Kai's bright green eyes worriedly looked at me. "What could he possibly thinking right now?"

All of a sudden, tears were now streaming down to my cheeks. "I-I don't know." My breath began to grow faster. "I really don't know."

"Well do you think know where he could be?" I took a deep breath as Savannah let out her question.

I quickly looked up at her and Kai as my fists tightened. "Yea."