14. When the Tsunami Hits

Xavier's head was gently laying against my shoulder as I ran my hand through his soft hair.

We just remained quiet, his sniffs and his heightened breathing was the only thing making sound. We sat still as we waited for the doctor to tell us how Rosalyn was doing.

This honestly sucks. Worrying about someone's life is possibly the worst feeling. Jezebel was right.

The silence was immediately interrupted with the room door opening, making me quickly signal Xavier.

"Stay here." I whispered. "I'm gonna go talk to the doctor." Xavier moved his head away from my shoulder as I quickly got up.

I threw the doctor a tired smile as my mind raced about Rosalyn. "Hey." I walked towards him.

He returned my smile as he glanced down at his clipboard. "Miss Rosalyn will be fine." I let out a quiet sigh of relief. "She'll be able to go home tomorrow, but I'd like to tell you to keep close watch of her at all times to make sure a situation like this, never happens again. I also gave her some meds that she'll be taking, so remind her about that too." I nodded my head in response as I kept listening. "Other than that, she's safe." He politely nodded at me.

"Thank you so much." I spoke happily, my emotions slowly becoming normal again. "Would she be able to talk to us?" I quickly looked back at Xavier, his head buried into his hands.

The doctor clicked his mouth. "I would highly advice to let her sleep and maybe talk to her tomorrow, where she'll be able to be more active and energetic." He explained.

"I understand." I replied softly. "Thank you again." The doctor nodded back as he proceeded in walking away.

I just stood still as I closed my eyes shut. A deep breath of relief escaped my mouth as I felt myself calm down.

After a quick moment of calming down, I turned back around to Xavier.

"Hey." I kneeled down towards his head. "The doctor said she'll be fine by tomorrow." My hand slowly raised his chin up as I smiled.

His watery metallic eyes looked back at me. "Is she?" His voice was hoarse and cracky.

"Yea." I replied as I wiped away the remaining tears from his eyes. "Everything is okay."

He sighed as his hand went over his whole face. "I feel like shit."

"Don't we all?" I half-laughed, sitting myself next to his seat.

"Can I go talk to her?" He ran his hand through his hair as he squinted at the bright light.

"The doctor advised to let her sleep. We should go home." I yawned, looking at my phone for the time.

10:46 p.m the clock read.

As I looked at the time, my eyes also caught sight of the millions of mixed messages from Jade, Trevor, Alec, and my mom. Damn.

"I'm kinda hungry." Xavier also yawned, the red tint on his eyes slowly disappearing.

"Me too." I put my phone back inside my pocket as I kept looking at him.

"What do you wanna eat?" Xavier queried, putting his comforting arm around me.

"I'm kinda up for anything." I let out a small smile, noticing his face soften.

Soakedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें