syndicate : chapter twenty-one

kinda short but kinda lowkey important lol rip

30+ comments pls!!

Luke's cute lil butt, I'd still happily bury my face in that butt

-

Luke lay on the sofa, his head in Reece's lap, the brunettes hands moving through Luke's hair. "I've gotta do some work." Reece said.

"What kind?"

"Grey Towers work." Reece mumbled, running his fingertip across Luke's cheek.

"I'm happy you're helping them." Luke mumbled, "if I go back home, I'll tell them you're not bad as they make you out to be. You try and help people too."

Reece hummed, "I only hurt people who deserve it."

Luke nodded, feeling Reece's finger touch  his bottom lip so he bit at Reece's finger, before rolling over and looking up at Reece. Reece smiled and pulled at Luke's lip, then pulled his hand away.

Luke closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling of Reece touching him. Reece was warm and soft, his boss thought Reece was the opposite but it wasn't true. Reece was only stern when he had to be, like when Luke got kidnapped, or when someone messed with his family. He didn't do it for fun, he didn't kill for fun, it was his job.

"I love you." Reece said softly, leaning down and kissing Luke.

Luke smiled softly, "I know."

**

Reece sat in his office, doing some work on his laptop, he was booking a flight with his men to New York to talk to a man about Grey Towers, he wanted to get it sorted as soon as possible to get the girls out of New York and to London.

But his concentration was taking from the laptop to his duffel by the door, when he heard buzzing.

He stood up, walking towards it and opening it up. He felt the buzzing at the bottom, pulling out what it was and seeing it was Luke's phone. The name "Liv" was on the screen.

Reece answered it, "hello? Luke's in the shower what can I do for you?" He lied.

"Oh hi, I need to speak with Luke, something happened with his parents an--"

"I know, cut to the chase Liv." Reece cut her off.

"We want to make a deal." Another voice said, it being Terry. "Give us Luke back and your sentence won't be as long as it should."

Reece laughed, "that won't be happening, Luke's quite content in being here with me."

"That's a lie." Terry seethed, Reece heard someone tell him to calm down. "Just hand Luke over and everything can go smoothly." Terry said, more calmly now.

Reece smiled, "how about we have Luke make the decision, huh? Stay with me or go back to you."

"He's going to choose us." Terry said, "but fine, if you must."

Reece put the phone on hold before he left the office. He walked down the corridor, seeing Luke lying on the sofa, his head hanging off, his feet in the air. "Baby come with me."

Luke lifted his head, "where? Are we going outside?"

Reece shook his head, "we need to talk, that's all,"

Luke rolled off the sofa, standing up and walking to Reece, the brunette taking his hand. Reece walked them back to the office, but before Reece made Luke sit, Reece cupped Luke's face, "I love you so much." He whispered, kissing Luke softly. "Okay?"

Luke nodded softly, "what's going on?"

"Sit," Reece said, Luke listening and sitting down at the desk. He saw his phone on the desk and furrowed his brows, looking up at Reece.

Reece moved around the desk, standing behind Luke before he leaned forward and pressed "hold" on the phone. "Talk." Reece said, "Luke's here."

"Lu?"

Luke perked up instantly, "Mikey?"

Reece glared at the phone, who was Mikey?

"Hey buddy." Michael said, making Luke smile.

Reece leaned down, his hands on either side of Luke, his lips at Luke's ear. "They want to take you back to Australia."

"Please," Luke said instantly, "I want to go home."

Reece spun the chair around, making Luke look up at him, now face to face. "Back home you have your family and friends and your job. With me you could have love and your own family you can have anything you want, everything you've ever dreamed of and I'll get it you. If you stay with me." Reece bargained, "you can have anything you want baby boy."

Luke closed his eyes, feeling Reece's hand on his thigh now. Reece leaned down and slowly and sexually kissed Luke's neck. "Hm? Me or them?"

"Luke listen to me." Michael said, making Luke open his eyes, Reece's lips still on his skin, "the last time you fell for someone on a mission, they died." Michael said bluntly, making Reece pull away from Luke, glaring at the phone again. "What's to say Reece won't die the same?"

"I wo--"

"Here you can have a normal relationship, you could have anyone, think about what your decision is." Michael said, "just come home Luke, I miss you."

Luke looked up at Reece, their eyes meeting. Reece smiled softly, leaning forward and kissing Luke's nose. His hand went to Luke's, his thumb gliding across the engagement ring, which made Luke close his eyes again.

Luke looked down, staring at the way Reece's hand touched him so softly. Reece wouldn't hurt him, wouldn't let anyone hurt him.

Luke gulped, looking up at Reece.

"I-I wanna go home."

Luke had made the wrong decision.

-

Mhm

5 chapters left!!

FEEDBACK

Michael and Reece trying to persuade Luke to stay or go? Luke's decision?

What's Reece gonna do?

Predictions??? I feel like the ending is unpredictable and I'm so happy with myself :)))