syndicate : chapter twenty-five

Okok one more after this, maybe post it later tonight!!

45+ comments!!

-

Luke's eyes slowly flickered open, before he closed them again at the bright light above him. He hissed, rolling over before he saw someone walk next to the bed he was in.

"You alright Luke?"

Luke looked up to see Michael, Luke simply nodded, before asking, "what happened?" He said groggily, his voice hoarse from not speaking.

"You got shot," Michael said, before adding, "they removed the bullet, and they found out you were pregnant."

Luke froze still, before he sat up slowly, "what?"

Michael nodded, "only about three or weeks along, it wasn't really a baby."

"Oh," Luke mumbled, yet his personal beliefs were that it was a human being as soon as it was conceived, not on the size of it, not if it could talk or not, or if it's heart had formed. It was still a baby to him, and he'd lost it.

Luke moved slightly, hissing before he looked down at his bare front, seeing the bandages around his stomach.

Reece had shot him, Luke didn't think he'd get over that for a while.

Reece.

Was he okay?

"Luke stay still," Michael said, but Luke threw the covers off of him and swung his feet out of the bed. He had an IV drip in his arm, so he grabbed the cold pole that held his fluids, before he looked at Michael.

"Take me to see him." Luke demanded.

"Why?" Michael scoffed, "he could've killed you--"

"I don't care, take me to see him, I want to say goodbye." Luke said, and Michael took a few seconds before sighing.

"Come on then." Michael said, moving to the door. He opened it for Luke, the blond walking through. "Reece isn't awake." Michael told Luke, the two walking down the corridor.

"What happened after I was shot?" Luke questioned.

"I wasn't there, but from the mission report it said, Reece had shot you and then Terry, Ben and Q put bullets in to him." Luke looked down at his feet at those words, Reece could've died, and Luke would've felt like it was Mariela all over again.

They stayed quiet until Luke saw two armed guards outside of a room, on either side of a big glass window that let you look in to the room. Luke paused at the window, seeing Reece lying in the hospital bed.

"Can I go in?" Luke asked Michael softly.

"If you like."

Luke nodded, passing the armed guard before opening the door and stepping inside, Michael right behind him.

Luke moved quickly to the side of the bed, looking down at the fallen mafia leader. He lifted his hand to Reece's cheek, "he looks dead."

"They revived him." Michael said, "he was shot in his stomach, chest and arm."

Luke gulped, looking down at Reece's pretty face, looking so innocent in his sleep. He had dried blood in his hair and on his cheek. He was bare chest, covered in wires and bandages, a cannula in his nose to help him breathe.

"He seemed to really love you, Luke." Michael said quietly, but Luke still heard him, not taking his eyes off of Reece's face. Luke's fingertips trailed up to his hair, pushing his flat hair from his face.