syndicate Ⅱ : chapter nine

Yo yo I didn't update in a while but here it is, so pretty please comment 40+ and ily

-

Luke's job at the bakery wasn't bad, in fact, he loved being in the back room and making the bread with his boss. He was currently there at four in the afternoon, the bakery having closed ten minutes ago. Luke's co-worker, Philip, was working along beside him, he was also the owner's son.

Luke was almost finished with his shift but wanted to continue helping out until Reece came to pick him up. They were going to get a scan of their baby today and Luke couldn't be more excited.

"Luke," Philip said, making Luke look up. "You've got some flour on you."

Luke scrunched his nose up, "where?"

Philip laughed, wiping his hands down beside reaching a towel to Luke's face and wiping at his cheek. Philip then put his hand on Luke's waist, making Luke's eyes widen. "Oh,"

"Can I kiss--"

"I'm married and pregnant," Luke said quickly, making Philips' eyes widen.

"Oh shit, I didn't even realise,"

Luke quickly took his wedding and engagement ring from his pocket, "I take them off so I don't lose them when I wash up or something. And I'm not really showing my bump yet so." Luke rambled, slipping his rings on.

"No no it's fine," Philip said, blushing, "oh god now I'm embarrassed."

Luke laughed, "it's okay."

They finished up the bread before Luke heard the ding of the bakery doors open, "that's my husband, I should get going." Luke said, taking off his apron. "I'll see you tomorrow Philip," Luke smiled. He put his apron away and picked up his bag before heading out to the front of the bakery, seeing Reece who was looking at the art on the walls. "Hey."

Reece grinned at the sight of Luke, "hey beautiful."

Luke walked around the counter, pressing a kiss to Reece's mouth before they entwined their hands. "Ready?" Reece asked.

"Mhm, ready," Luke smiled, to two of them leaving and walking the ten-minute walk to the doctors. It wasn't long till they got there, Reece sat down as Luke talked to a lady about the appointment before he joined his husband. Reece held Luke's hand on his lap, "are you excited?"

Luke nodded, "yeah, a lot, a little nervous too."

Reece smiled, "get to see our little baby, I can't wait."

"Me too," Luke sighed, leaning his head on Reece's shoulder. They waited till a nurse came out and they looked up.

"Teddy and Avery Barr?" She called, making Reece and Luke stand up and walk towards her. "Hi guys," she smiled, the two giving her a nervous smile as they walked towards the medical room. "So is this your first child?"

"Yep," Luke said.

"Hopefully not our last," Reece said, squeezing Luke's hand.

They got to the room and the nurse introduced them to a doctor, Mr Freely. Luke was sat upon a bed, where he lifted his shirt, the doctor adding lubricant to a wand that was connected to a sonogram. Reece stood beside the bed a hand in Luke's, the blond squeezing it tightly in nervousness.

"So we won't be able to find out a gender yet." Dr freely said, "that will be in a few months."

Luke nodded but Reece wasn't sure they'd be here for that long, they were on the run after all. Dr Freely then turned the screen towards the couple and pointed at a blob, "this is your baby," he said, pointing to parts of it, "the head is here, legs here."