syndicate II : chapter twenty five (+)

Hi yall, pls comment through out ty

Their new home is above, the blue one

-

Michael had headed back to Australia once he'd seen Luke and his family off to their next location, which was Italy. Michael had been on a flight since the early hours of the morning and just arrived back at his apartment. As he approached his door, he saw someone sitting against it.

"Hi Cal." Michael smiled softly as he saw the man sitting there.

Calum looked up at Michael, standing up, "hey."

Michael pulled out his house keys, unlocking his door. "Are you coming inside?" He asked, pushing open his door and putting his bag down, he turned to Calum who stood still in the hallway. "Cal?"

"Where the hell have you been the past two weeks?"

Michael sighed, "I've been with my family." He said, "can you come inside, Ive missed you."

Calum let out a scoff, "You're such bullshit Michael!" He raised his voice, "I've spoken to your mum, she hasn't seen you in a month! Don't lie to me about this, I've been lied to my whole life and I don't want that from you!"

"I can't say—"

"More bullshit!"

"I can't say because I was with Luke!"

Calum blinked, before sighing, "w-why were you with Luke?" Calum stared at Michael for a few long seconds before looking down at his feet.

"Cal, he's got two kids and a husband, it's not like that." Michael sighed, leaning against the doorframe, "there was a problem and he needed me."

"What is it with you and Luke, you can't still love him because he's with Reece—"

"Luke is my best friend, he always will be, even if I never see him again. His kids were kidnapped by the Japanese mafia and Reece asked me there to comfort Luke, I almost had to shoot someone while I was there and I had never done that before. I love Luke because he's my friend, he's saved my life countless times. He's even saved yours."

Calum was silent for a few more seconds, kicking his feet at the floor, he then looked at Michael and wiped at his face. "It seems like more than friendship to me, you told me it was more once before, what's stopping it from being more again?"

"Cal it's not." Michael said simply, "I am with you aren't I?"

"I just—I just don't believe you." Calum said.

"Then don't." Michael snapped, "think what you like! This relationship is doomed if you think I love Luke!" Michael scowled, he was done with this conversation at the Leominster.