syndicate Ⅱ : chapter five (+)

45+ comments!!!! I liked this chapter so comment, they're going down a lot, I've noticed that with a lot of other people's books too, as well as /all/ of mine rip

Comments = faster updates
Faster updates = happy you guys

Also my new covers I really love rn so I might keep them for a long while

-

Luke shoved as many clothes as he could in to his large suitcase, whining as he tried to fasten up the zip.

"Need a hand?"

Luke looked up to Ashton who stood in the doorway, "yes please."

Ashton nodded, telling Luke to sit on the suitcase before Ashton zipped it up. Luke then stood up, picking up the envelope that had his life's savings in it, shoving it in to his backpack.

"While you're gone with Reece, starting a family, I'm in charge." Ashton said, "I'm hoping to throw the trail off of him and you and on to me."

Luke nodded, "So what happens when everyone I know knows I'm gone?" He questioned.

Ashton licked his lips, "leave that to me."

Luke nodded, "thank you." Luke smiled, picking up a picture frame of himself and his parents, "thank you for getting Reece out."

Ashton nodded, picking up the suitcase, "it's okay, he's my best friend after all too."

"Not every friend would help break them out of jail." Luke said, sitting on his bed and slipping on his shoes, tying the laces. "He's lucky to have you, as much as I hate you, and think you're a psychopath, you got Reece back to me--and I'm thankful for that."

"Good, just make sure he's happy and give him a baby like he's always wanted." Ashton said, "he use to talk about having kids and a wife or husband and spoiling them rotten, I saw that future with you but we knew your job wouldn't let it end well."

Luke hummed, standing up. He looked around his room, "I'm gonna miss my home though."

"You'll have a new one in a few hours." Ashton said, "with the love of your life."

"Right by the ocean." Someone else said, making them look at the doorway where Reece stood, arms folded and leaning on the door frame. "It's such a beautiful house, got this big circle window that looks out in to the forest." Then Reece smirked, "got some pretty good imagery of fucking you against the window."

Luke laughed as Ashton gagged, "too much information Reece." He checked his watch, "you too better get going, we'll sort everything out. I'll meet you at the air field in an hour."

Reece nodded, taking Luke's suitcase and holding his hand out, "come on baby, let's start our new life together."

Luke gave Ashton a smile before he took Reece's hand. They left the apartment, covering their faces as they went down the stairwell, getting to the car park and in to a van which sped off.

Ashton was left in Luke's apartment, three  of his men with him. "Tear it up," Ashton told them, "You know what to do."

Then the men were wrecking Luke's furniture and knocking stuff off tables, one picking up the TV and smashing it. Ashton picked up a can of spray paint before he paused when seeing a cat underneath the sofa, hiding. Ashton bent down, picking up the cat, "oh Luke must have left you behind," Ashton said, "your dad can't keep you anymore, maybe in a few years you can see him again--but for now, I'll look after you."