syndicate II : chapter thirty two

Pls comment through out and vote

comMENT

-

Luke had moved back in with his parents after what happened in New York, Luke didn't really have anywhere else to go. It had been a month since then and Luke was now five months pregnant, giving his stomach a small swell. And Luke was taking all his chances of being in bed to mourn.

So he was held up in his childhood bedroom, the curtains closed, with only a tiny sliver of the Australian sun shining through as Luke used his phone light to look at his photo album.

Luke had been staring at a photo of Reece holding Mason as a baby for a few minutes now, his fingers touching at Reece's face.

Luke's phone buzzed in his hand making him drop it on the book, Luke picked it up quickly and wiped at the photo, hoping it wasn't ruined—thankfully it wasn't.

Luke checked the phone and saw his mum had texted him from down stairs, asking if he wanted a sandwich. Luke texted back a yes please before going back to the photo album, he turned the page and sighed, it had all the sonograms of all three of their children, with their names and dates next to each on, Reece had been the one to update the books each time, he wanted to remember everything.

Someone then knocked at Luke's door before it opened, seeing his mother there. Luke gave her a small smile as Luke closed the photo album and clutched it to his chest. "What's up?" He asked, seeing she didn't have a sandwich for him.

"There's a lawyer downstairs, he says it's about Reece's Will?"

Luke nodded, getting out of the bed and placing the album on his pillow. They headed downstairs and Liz took Luke to the dining room, where the lawyer sat with a few folders in front of him. Luke sat down, opposite him and smiled. "Do I need to sign something?"

The lawyer nodded, "firstly, I'd like to offer my condolences, secondly, congratulations on your pregnant." He said, Luke nodding. "I'll explain what Reece has done, so first, he's given you eight properties, one in Melbourne that he acquired in 2010 from his mother, one in Italy, one in London, one in Brazil, there's land in Shark Bay, no house."

"Because it blew up?" Luke said, remembering the sweet house on the beach where they conceived Charlotte.

"Yes, the boat and jeep in Shark Bay is also now yours." The lawyer said, "there's four more houses, in Los Angeles, New York, Alaska and Tokyo."

Luke nodded, "is the one in Melbourne the one he grew up in?" He questioned.

"It is, he bright it from his mother in 2010 and kept it." He explained. "What would you like to do with the houses?"

Luke pursed his lips, "I'll sell them all, except the one in Melbourne."

The lawyer nodded, writing something down, "I can have a representative sort these out for you. Now, Reece has left a cash sum for each of your two children, they can be opened when each child turns 18."

"How much is in each sum?" Luke asked.

"Fifty thousand." He answered.

"Oh." Luke said, "okay. I don't know what they'll do with fifty grand each but alright."

"And since you're pregnant now, you may open another one for this child."

"Yeah, I'll do that." Luke said.

"Now for the overall expenses you were left from his businesses, some was left for Charlotte his sister but since she passed away, it was moved to Ashton Irwin." Luke nodded, he understood that. "Here's how much you were left." He said, picking up a piece up paper and sliding it across the table to Luke.