syndicate : chapter twenty-six

Final chapter now I loved your support and you're all special to me!

-

One Month Later

-

Luke sat in the meeting room, the one that he'd first been told about the mission in, with his team around him, waiting for Terry to enter.

They had folders in front of them but Luke didn't want to open it, it had photos of Reece in it and he didn't want to torture himself.

Luke still had the rings, this time around his neck on a necklace, that came down to his chest. It was under his shirt so no one saw it. He didn't want his team to know he still cared, some information was disclosed from them, like the fact Luke and Reece were still married--only Terry and their executive bosses knew Luke had married Reece.

Terry soon entered the office, with his own folder in hand, "alright guys, if you'd like to open your folders to the first page." Terry said, standing near the board which he clicked on his laptop and it showed Reece's mug shot.

Luke stared at the man he loved before he sighed quietly and lean his cheek on his fist, elbow propped up on the arm of the chair.

"Reece Grean's trial was four days ago, he was sentenced to thirty years at Gouldburn prison, he'll get parole in twenty five for good behaviour." Terry explained, glancing at Luke.

"His little sister died a week ago." Terry added seeing Luke sit up then, his eyes widening.

"What?" Luke asked, his team looking at him, "why are we just being told this? I would've liked to have known earlier."

"It was her cancer Luke, nothing could have changed the fact she passed away." Terry said before he looked down at the folder again, "at the trial, his mother, Iris Grean, testified against Reece. She told the court he had killed his father as well as telling them what business he was included in."

"He had reasoning behind his dad." Luke instantly brought up.

"Yes, we know, but he still killed someone, Luke. He still shot you and he still killed people." Terry said, looking at Luke.

Luke sighed, "whatever." He said, his hand going to his chest and feeling the shape of the rings through his shirt.

There was suddenly a knock on the glass door before it opened and Luke was surprised to see Calum standing there with the same folder in hand.

"Hi, am I in the right room?" Calum smiled warmly.

"You are," Terry said, before he raised his arm to Calum. "Everyone this is Calum, he'll be joining our immediate team."

Michael leaned in close to Luke, "he's cute." Michael whispered to the blond. "He was with Ashton right?"

Luke nodded, "y-yeah."

He thought Calum would've given up this life and wanted a normal one, especially after spending six years with a psychopath.

Calum sat down beside Michael, smiling at him a little before looking at Terry. Luke furrowed his brows as he looked at Calum.

"We have taken precautions due to what happened on the mission, therefore undercover missions will not be happening again, unless completely necessary." Terry then said, looking at them all but stopping on Luke.

Then Terry stood up straight, turning off the projector, "everyone, mission syndicate, is closed."

Everyone smiled, Luke stayed quiet and still before everyone got up to leave. Luke just wanted to go to his office and do nothing for a few hours.