syndicate Ⅱ : chapter twelve

Oh an update from pip

I wanted to say that some people aren't using my correct pronouns (i get if you didnt know but) even tho it's vv clear and I've mentioned it before (one person said it wrong on purpose smh) but hello I am agender and they/them, and my name is Phillippa, nice to meet you all, what are your pronouns?

40+ comments pretty pls this is a soft chapter

-

Luke lay on the sofa with his hand on his large stomach, his hand was rubbing slowly and trying to soothe the small aches he was having, his skin felt so stretched and strange--he'd never thought he'd get pregnant and feel this feeling.

Their house in London was small, three floors and with a small back garden, every house on the street was the same. They'd been there for a few months now anyhow and they hadn't heard anything about the government coming for them.

Reece unlocked the front door as he came home from work, he was an assistant to some rich guy in a law firm, he only worked there to hide in plain site but Christ he didn't realise how obnoxious English Lawyers were--Reece could probably buy all their homes combined.

Reece shut the door behind him, sighing and kicking off his shoes. He went through the hallway to the living room and saw Luke lying on the sofa, "hey baby." Reece smiled as he put his bag down, taking off his blue blazer. Luke watched him out of the corner of his eye and seeing the way Reece's shoulders stretched his white shirt. Luke pouted to himself, he was horny.

Reece huffed and took off his tie before he picked up Luke's legs and sat down, Luke's feet in his lap. "You okay?" Reece asked.

Luke nodded, holding a pillow to his chest as he felt his hand on his stomach being replaced by Reece's, his husband rubbing his tummy slowly. "I'm good."

"What did you do today?" Reece asked.

Luke shrugged, "some cleaning, I made lasagne, it's still in the oven, I've been sitting here for an hour watching Hell's Kitchen."

Reece smiled before his hand paused, furrowing his brows and his eyes met Luke's. "you felt that?" Luke asked, putting his hand over Reece's.

Reece grinning, sitting up and pulling Luke's shirt up, "oh god it kicked."

Luke grinned, slowly sitting up and kissing Reece, "I love you."

Reece beamed, "I love you too." He pecked Luke's mouth, feeling the blond's stomach. "God, I can't wait."

"We should get a scan soon," Luke said, leaning back down on the sofa again.

"Okay, yeah I'll make an appointment for us tomorrow." Reece said, "want me to finish the lasagne? I'll bring it to you."

Luke nodded, "yes please."

Reece stood up, quickly leaning down and kissing Luke's lips, then going to the kitchen. He sorted out the lit dinner and plated them up, before taking the plates to his husband. Luke sat up and put the pillow on his lap, Reece setting the plate on top of it. Luke smiled, saying a small thank you before Reece sat beside him.

The couple ate dinner, and after Reece went to the kitchen and washed the dishes, only to feel Luke's arms around his waist, kissing his clothes shoulder. "You look so damn sexy in this tight shirt."

Reece chuckled, "of course I do." He said smugly, making Luke smile and rest his cheek against Reece's shoulder. "You alright?"

"My feet are swollen, would you be able to massage them for me please?" Luke spoke softly, his words polite.